IGNORED

Glue for grips

ABean

I used the glue that came with the grips. I did use an old artists paint brush to make sure that the inside of the grip was well coated. Left things set and all was nice and tight.Grips look great and are very comfortable to ride with.

:thumbsup:

You can spray the handle bar with regular hair spray...coat it well.

then spray some inside the grip and quickly slip it on...

It will hold it well and it will be easy to remove (if you ever want to) by inserting a screw driver under the grip and spraying water between the grip and handle bar..the grip will then just turn right off.

In the motocross world we change grips almost weekly.

We use gasoline, any color of spray paint, and some brands of contact cleaner will melt some grips to the bars (so becareful and don't melt them to much...but the best thing I have found is 3m weatherstip adhesive, either color (black or yellow.

This is availible at most automotive stores.

It is most of the time cheaper than Grip glue and works as good or better.

Removal is done by compressed air or water like Eck said. The water method will get you wet if you don't watch out.

We never tried hair spray...but I bet it works just like spray paint.

You can spray the handle bar with regular hair spray...coat it well.

then spray some inside the grip and quickly slip it on...

It will hold it well and it will be easy to remove (if you ever want to) by inserting a screw driver under the grip and spraying water between the grip and handle bar..the grip will then just turn right off.

That's what I do, but it will come loose in a good rain storm. Nothing serious but just be aware that it will happen. Once it dries again it's solid.

• 2 weeks later...