IGNORED

C/T for RSV Awesome Info-Thanks

Aussie Annie

Hi Everyone,

I have spent most of the day reading Darksider threads and seeking info on putting c/t on my venture. All of you have been very helpful, and I now have plenty of knowledge etc. to impart to hubby-----especially the fact that I will end up with more sex appeal after fitting a c/t :dancefool::happy65::sign woo hoo: every bit helps at my age !! Now please be gentle with your quick-witted replies gentlemen :bowdown: I've just had a birthday and I'm a bit fragile right now

never ride faster than your guardian angel :2133:can fly

Hey Annie,

Good luck with the search for a CT. I put one on a couple weeks ago and now have 100 miles on it. Seems real good to me so far. Miles will tell all though.

Your sidecar rig is a real beauty. Are you going to put a CT on the rear and the sidecar?

"Even more sex appeal?" Wow, that should be something.

Steve

Thats the first Royal Star I've seen with Earles-type front suspension. It looks like it has pushed the front wheel forward without changing the rake angle. Was that done to make the side car more manageable?

btw. I like your paint scheme.

Hey Annie,

Good luck with the search for a CT. I put one on a couple weeks ago and now have 100 miles on it. Seems real good to me so far. Miles will tell all though.

Your sidecar rig is a real beauty. Are you going to put a CT on the rear and the sidecar?

"Even more sex appeal?" Wow, that should be something.

Steve

Hi Steve,

Yes, looking to put c/t on back of bike. Am actually going to change from rig to voyager trike conversion so that I can keep riding. :happy65:I need to get on and off on the car side of bike, so am changing "big blue" (have right leg that won't bend much anymore) then will make holder for elbow crutches !! I want to run the conversion and the back tyre as c/t

Thats the first Royal Star I've seen with Earles-type front suspension. It looks like it has pushed the front wheel forward without changing the rake angle. Was that done to make the side car more manageable?

btw. I like your paint scheme.

Yep, got it in one. The front wheel is forward more but rake angle not changed, and it makes car more manageable. I questioned the engineer and it was him who said leave it on for trike conversion. After 16 months of hospital and physio I am no longer strong in the arms and shoulders, so will suit me fine--to think I used to ride the thing solo !!!!! couldn't pull the skin off a rice pudding now, never mind pull the bike up off the stand:doh:

never ride faster than your guardian angel:2133:can fly

BigBoyinMS,

I appreciate you giving me the forum address to look at, car tyres will certainly be cheaper on my RSV when the trike conversion goes on

Hi Steve,

Yes, looking to put c/t on back of bike. Am actually going to change from rig to voyager trike conversion so that I can keep riding. :happy65:I need to get on and off on the car side of bike, so am changing "big blue" (have right leg that won't bend much anymore) then will make holder for elbow crutches !! I want to run the conversion and the back tyre as c/t

I think you will like the Voyager kit. I have one on my Burgman. You may already know this, but always keep the bike tires on the high points on the road. If you don't you can find your rear wheel "high centered" and you will be stuck. Case in point; the exit road from a local truck stop, where I buy most of my gas, has ruts in the asphalt caused by the 18 wheeler traffic. If I get the bike tires in the ruts, which are really not THAT deep, and the trike tires on the high sides, then it is "get off and push time".:scorched:

Otherwise have fun!!!:178:

Oh, :backinmyday: learn to pick your parking spots!!!

Edited by wes0778
Added Pictures

I think you will like the Voyager kit. I have one on my Burgman. You may already know this, but always keep the bike tires on the high points on the road. If you don't you can find your rear wheel "high centered" and you will be stuck. Case in point; the exit road from a local truck stop, where I buy most of my gas, has ruts in the asphalt caused by the 18 wheeler traffic. If I get the bike tires in the ruts, which are really not THAT deep, and the trike tires on the high sides, then it is "get off and push time".:scorched:

Otherwise have fun!!!:178:

Oh, :backinmyday: learn to pick your parking spots!!!

thanks for the "heads-up" on the trike conversion handling, it's a bit like that with my sidecar. Have learnt the lesson on the parking too :scorched: