IGNORED

Ride to Gettysburg PA

Riderduke

I'm posting this for all who are going to the PA Meet & Eat from the south. Below is my ride plan and link to Google maps. Should be a 3 hour "in the saddle" time. If anyone wants to join-in and ride up there, let me know so we can meet up with you.

Here is the list of riders that I have so far.

Riderduke, Fredericksburg VA

KAWoodworth, Herndon VA

Bugfish & Ladybug, Woodford VA (leaving from Fredericksburg)

Venturing Sole, Fairfax VA

Muffinman & Mini, Hertford NC (leaving from Fredericksburg)

Beer30 & 24-7, Hubert NC (leaving from Fredericksburg)

JRichard, Sterling VA

Thistledown, Saluda, VA

On the ride back we will add

The Sleeperhawks

Sledgehammer

Leave at 8am

Start at: Fredericksburg, VA 22407

4. Plank Rd/VA-3 -

5. Take the ramp onto I-95 N - 3.1 mi

6. Take exit 133 to merge onto US-17/Warrenton Rd toward Warrenton

Continue to follow US-17 - 27.7 mi

7. Slight right toward US-15/US-17/US-29 - 0.2 mi

8. Slight right at US-15/US-17/US-29 Continue to follow US-15/US-29 -

15.0 mi

9. Turn left at US-15 - 3.4 mi

10. Make a U-turn - 0.7 mi

11. Turn left at VA-55/Washington St Destination will be on the right -

246 ft

Arrive at: Sheetz 15315 Washington St Haymarket, VA 20169

Pick up David (Venturing Sole) Leave here at 9:30am

12. Head northwest on VA-55/Washington St toward US-15 - 246 ft

13. Turn left at US-15 - 358 ft

14. Make a U-turn - 21.3 mi

15. Take the ramp onto Leesburg Bypass/US-15 N/VA-7 E Continue to follow

Leesburg Bypass/US-15 N - 2.6 mi

16. Turn left at Edwards Ferry Rd NE/VA-773 - 0.1 mi

17. Make a U-turn Destination will be on the right - 46 ft

Arrive at: Sheetz 915 Edwards Ferry Rd Leesburg, VA 20176

Pick up Kim (KAWoodworth) Leave here by 10:15am

18. Head east on Edwards Ferry Rd NE/VA-773 toward Leesburg Bypass/US-15 -

0.1 mi

19. Turn left at Leesburg Bypass/US-15 Continue to follow US-15 Entering

Maryland - 18.3 mi

20. Merge onto US-15 N/US-340 E via the ramp to S Jefferson St - 5.1 mi

21. Take exit 12A&B to merge onto US-15 N toward Gettysburg Entering

Pennsylvania - 27.7 mi

22. Take the exit toward US-15/Steinwehr Ave - 0.2 mi

23. Keep left at the fork, follow signs for Gettysburg - 141 ft

24. Turn left at Emmitsburg Rd/US-15 Continue to follow US-15 - 7.2 mi

25. At Lincoln Square, take the 3rd exit onto Chambersburg St/US-30

Continue to follow US-30 Destination will be on the right - 0.4 mi

Arrive at: 90 Buford Ave Gettysburg, PA 17325

Meet and eat Location

http://maps.google.com/maps?f=d&source=s_d&saddr=11931+Gardenia+Dr,+Fredericksburg,+VA+22407&daddr=15315+Washington+St.+Haymarket,+VA+20169+to:915+Edwards+Ferry+Road,Leesburg,+VA+20176+to:90+Buford+Ave,+Gettysburg,+PA+17325&geocode=&hl=en&mra=ls&sll=38.699935,-77.646965&sspn=1.358968,2.263184&ie=UTF8&z=7

Edited by Riderduke

David did you figure in BS time. You guys love to chat once you all get together. :rotf::rotf::rotf::rotf::rotf::rotf::rotf::rotf::rotf::rotf:

Margaret

Yes about 10-15 min at each stop!:confused07: Might not be enough time. but we can make up time on the road. Also we will not have to get you into your many layers of clothing so that should save time:whistling::rotf::stirthepot:

Not to high jack the thread but bump it to the top.

I and RTR are going and we're coming from West Virginia North on Interstate 81 to Chambersburg and on to U.S. 30 Lincoln Way to Gettysburg so anyone coming I-81 want to meetup and ride in as a group chime up.:Venture:

Not to high jack the thread but bump it to the top.

I and RTR are going and we're coming from West Virginia North on Interstate 81 to Chambersburg and on to U.S. 30 Lincoln Way to Gettysburg so anyone coming I-81 want to meetup and ride in as a group chime up.:Venture:

Jim,

Why don't you and Bob shoot on over to Leesburg and meet us at Sheetz. Martinsburg WV is only about 1 hour away from Leesburg.:thumbsup2:

I just got off the phone with bob and worked this out and its just an hour ride to gettsyburg from here and we talked about taking U.S. 15 from fredrick MD and agreed its a much longer ride that way. What to do what to do.:puzzled:

Edit add: He said he riding back from another location from PA Fryday night so I will be giving him a wakeup call.

I just got off the phone with bob and worked this out and its just an hour ride to gettsyburg from here and we talked about taking U.S. 15 from fredrick MD and agreed its a much longer ride that way. What to do what to do.:puzzled:

Edit add: He said he riding back from another location from PA Fryday night so I will be giving him a wakeup call.

I agree that it is a longer ride.

I could take a more direct route also that would be about 1 hour less, however i enjoy the ride and esp.. with friends so i'll be taking the adVENTURE on this day.

Jeff can lead to make up time if you want. Plus all those other 2nd gens that haven't ridden with us will find their rev limiters.

I don't take that long to get all my layers on. Jeff helps me get dressed to speed it up. :crackup::crackup:

Margaret

:rotfl::rotf::rotfl::rotf::rotfl::rotf::clap2::thumbsup2:

I don't take that long to get all my layers on. Jeff helps me get dressed to speed it up. :crackup::crackup:

Margaret

Yeah , All Muffinman has to do is stuff you into the saddle bag ! Does not take much time unless your in a foul mood ! :stickpoke::crackup::stickpoke:

BEER30

THE DUKE----------------naw-----she b going to NOO-york----------to eat some of them-dare 'chicken-wings'----------in Buffalo----------her sissy is flying in from Baton-Rogue---------and they will b doing 'family matters'[ie---legal stuff]-------LOOKING forward to seeiing the TRAVELING M&E show!------:usa::clap2::sun1::sun1:carry-on:thumbsup2: stay alert:STAY ALIVE Jrichard

THE DUKE----------------naw-----she b going to NOO-york----------to eat some of them-dare 'chicken-wings'----------in Buffalo----------her sissy is flying in from Baton-Rogue---------and they will b doing 'family matters'[ie---legal stuff]-------LOOKING forward to seeiing the TRAVELING M&E show!------:usa::clap2::sun1::sun1:carry-on:thumbsup2: stay alert:STAY ALIVE Jrichard

bump

ok see you at 10am.:thumbsup2:

Weather forecast for Gettysburg on Saturday:

Partly Cloudy, 69 degrees.

Should be a great day!

Please count me out on this ride. I originally thought my schedule is wide opened for this Saturday, but my daughter reminded me about her Open House on Sat. AM as well. We are looking around for Colleges and Universities for her and I think this is an important event for her and I should be there.

Have a great time this Saturday. Ride Safe Everyone.

Please count me out on this ride. I originally thought my schedule is wide opened for this Saturday, but my daughter reminded me about her Open House on Sat. AM as well. We are looking around for Colleges and Universities for her and I think this is an important event for her and I should be there.

Have a great time this Saturday. Ride Safe Everyone.

I understand! Two weeks ago we were at Bucknell. Next week we are at Susquehanna. Enjoy your FAFSA!