I have a 06 RSTD that is running a little funny and I want to get the Morgan Carbtune to Sync the carbs, Any help with what extras are needed??

Not a bad price this week so I want to move on it before the $ gets all wacked up...

Also any links to make the job easier would help

I have a 06 RSTD that is running a little funny and I want to get the Morgan Carbtune to Sync the carbs, Any help with what extras are needed??

Not a bad price this week so I want to move on it before the $ gets all wacked up...

The bag makes it nice...other than that...it comes ready to go.

You will need a really long screw driver to reach across the engine from the right to left.

You also need a TACH.

Hey Jim, (cool name, by the way!)

The Morgan Carbtune comes with the right diameter tubing for the Carbs. on the XVZ1300. I skipped the purchase of the "bag" and went to Wally-Mart and picked up a small plastic tool box for $3.49. The tool box allows me to keep the four tubes connected all the time. The reason I mention this is when I got my Carbtune the "nipples" where you connect the tubes are plastic. The tubes fit really tight, and It would be my luck to break off one of the "nipples" trying to remove the tubes...over and over again. The other reason I went with the toolbox is it has a very nice upper tray that I keep all of the adapters that came with the Carbtune in, as well as my special screwdrivers for Sync. and mixture adjustments. To really do a good job on your Carb. Sync. you will need a decent Electronic Tach. I have this one, Here's the link:

http://www.sjdiscounttools.com/esi325.html

At $40.00 it does a fine job and is easy to hook up, just clip over the #1 plug wire and you are good to go. I even use this unit for Idle mixture adjustments. I have a First Gen. and I understand the Idle mixture adjustment, if done properly is a lot more complicated on your Second Gen.

I keep my Tach. in that same little plastic tool box, so when someone says "Carb. Sync" I grab my little plastic toolbox and I'm good to go.

Just my thoughts,

Earl

Thanks for the heads up on the price reduction. First time I checked them out the price was about $115.00 U.S. and us Canucks have to add another 20 points to that. After I read your posting I quickly placed an order. I decided to use the money I saved and put it towards a Baron Bullet Tach. Needing a tach to use in conjunction with the Carbtune was the only excuse I needed! :fiddle:

After I read your posting I quickly placed an order. I decided to use the money I saved and put it towards a Baron Bullet Tach. Needing a tach to use in conjunction with the Carbtune was the only excuse I needed!

Let me know how you like the Baron Bullet Tach, and how it installs. I'd like to add a tach to my RSTD.