Johnny,

The origional Royal Star ( 1996 - 2001) had the shorter kick stand, the bike sits quite a bit lower than the present models. I believe the stand is right at 3" shorter on the origional Royal Star. You might send a note to Pegscraper, he rides a 1996.

Yes, I have a '96, but it's not an RSTD either. It may set different than the later ones because the rear suspension is totally different. Or it may not. There's no one else around me who has one I could compare to. I could go measure mine for you though.

The '96 does set different than the newer RSTD's. I had a '96 before I bought my '06 RSV and there is quite a bit of difference in the height of the bikes. When I first bought the RSV and walked up to step over the saddle my short legged self kinda' high centered. That is part of the reason I was very comfortable in lowering the RSV and not being concerned about loosing any ground clearance. I am thinking the stand on the origional Royal Stars are about 3" shorter than those on the newer ones.

Hi Folks,

Do any of you have the length for the side stand on your RSTD. I've heard it is shorter by a few inches than the RSV. If it is could you pass on the length.

Thanks in advance

Johnny.:fingers-crossed-emo

I have always been told that "size doesn't matter"!

:whistling::rotf::rotf::rotf::whistling:

Thanks folks,

Appreciate the help.

Hi Pegscraper, lowering my RSV, had the back end done a few days ago but found the bike stands up pretty straight. Going to do the front and figure no way it will stay up with the original. Thought about cutting and re-welding. think I'll take the easy way out and order a stand for a early model RSTD. Hope the top end of the stand is the same set up.:fingers-crossed-emo