My poor baby got a ticket!

HeathersWheels

My poor baby got a ticket! Riding to work this morning Steve was in front of a

big rig and behind a cop. The cop slowed down to 40 mph on the freeway

then pulled Steve over. He wrote my baby a ticket for following too close. He

will be fighting this one. I believe Steve's words were "You put my life in

danger pinning me in front of that big truck just to write me a ticket!"

Guest seuadr
:confused24:That's crazy - never heard of something like that before. Hope he can get off that one.

i've been stopped and searched/my vehicle searched multiple times on flimsy little excuses like this. it's retarded, but if you fight it, most of the time it's dismissed.

i've been stopped and searched/my vehicle searched multiple times on flimsy little excuses like this. it's retarded, but if you fight it, most of the time it's dismissed.

Steve will fight it. Was on the goldwing and had his cruise control set to 55. Every time the officer slowed down to 40 it forced him back into the big truck. When he pulled over the officer searched the bike. Weird.

Guest seuadr
Steve will fight it. Was on the goldwing and had his cruise control set to 55. Every time the officer slowed down to 40 it forced him back into the big truck. When he pulled over the officer searched the bike. Weird.

well OBVIOUSLY he was using the wing to transfer drugs! we all know how those goldwingers are :whistling::rotf:

Wouldn't that be entrapment? Being forced to break a law, then ticketed for it?

If it was a Wing, the police obviously searched it because he just wanted to check out the bike. Kinda the same way you always get searched when driving a Ferrari. "Sorry sir, but I am going to have to drive this car to make sure your speedo is accurate." :rotfl::think::confused24:

If it was a Wing, the police obviously searched it because he just wanted to check out the bike. Kinda the same way you always get searched when driving a Ferrari. "Sorry sir, but I am going to have to drive this car to make sure your speedo is accurate." :rotfl::think::confused24:

It is an '07. Funny officer would search. Steve is a 40 year old riding a goldwing. What did he think he would find?

With the rig attached to the side of that wing, the cop thought he had a mobile grow op behind him.

By the way, just how's that rig holding up? Are you getting out as much as you'd like?

For anyone that doesn't know Heatherswheels, check out her website and you'll be introduced to one of the most determined young woman I've ever met online. I know Heather from another site we frequent. (TMW)

Guest tx2sturgis

One warm summer nite a few years ago I was riding on a wide residential street at about 2 in the morning with my female on the back. About 500 feet behind me in my mirrors I saw a pair of headlights gaining on us...I was doing the posted 30 mph speed limit. As the car approached I expected it to hang back, or pass, but instead, it advanced up to just behind us, and as I moved over to let the car go by, I sped up some to keep them from hitting us.

Well, just then, all the lights and siren came on! I pulled over and the officer asked for my liscense and insurance, all the normal stuff, then asked me if I knew I was speeding. I told him very firmly, that I wasnt speeding at all till he showed up and put his brights in my rear view at 2 in the morning just about 8 feet off my tail. I said I it looked to me like I had a 'roadrager' on my ass, so I sped up to see if he was gonna close the distance again...the cop lowered his gaze then looked at me and my female, and said we were free to go. I'm guessing it was all on his car's video camera.

You never know about these guys...some of them are just finding any reason to stop someone, looking for DUI or worse.

It is really hard to trust anyone these days. Even law enforcement employees have their downfall. In our local area, I know pretty much where cops would hanging out at night or during the day. I never give them a reason to stop me for something. It may be true that mobile cops are stepping up on traffic stops. It sure is a great money maker for the district. Ride safe everyone.

heatherwheels, I also think that Steve should show up in court and defend his case. Good Luck on that. Regards.

once the ticket is written up, have some fun, ask the officer "aren;t you Andy, no Barney, ahhhh you are one of the Village People".:rotfl:

and finally, "thank goodness you never checked the trunk".:whistling:

i hope Steve wins this one.:thumbsup2:

cheers, Scott :biker:

You never know about these guys...some of them are just finding any reason to stop someone, looking for DUI or worse.

My father moonlighted as a small town LEO for some time during the winters, which were the off season for his aerial spraying business. He got to take the full on police training at the regional LEO training center. He still tells stories about the driving classes. They taught him several "tricks" to get the average driver to screw up so they can be pulled over. All the wisdom I can glean from him says that it is never illegal to slow down, or stop if need be. Anymore, that is usually what I do. Even on the scoot. If it does end up being a road rager, I bet I am better off on my feet than on two wheels if it comes to that.

I think your response was appropriate. He probably pulled you over since it might be "odd" to see some one riding a scoot at two in the am. Probably just checking you out, etc.

With the rig attached to the side of that wing, the cop thought he had a mobile grow op behind him.

By the way, just how's that rig holding up? Are you getting out as much as you'd like?

For anyone that doesn't know Heatherswheels, check out her website and you'll be introduced to one of the most determined young woman I've ever met online. I know Heather from another site we frequent. (TMW)

The rig is holding up great. The weather here is perfect for riding. But I"M NOT GETTING OUT like I want to. Steve rides every day to work. He takes the sidecar off Monday through Friday for his commute. These last couple of weekends Steve has been obsessed with his new project. I will soon have to "put my foot down" and get some time out on the road.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7lRvWE24r80]YouTube - Steve's Baja[/ame]

In Michigan the officer cant search anything that is locked without permission OR a court order or major probable cause like blood dripping from it.

All my luggage is locked and if they ask I say, "nope it's locked and you cant look in it". It's not their right to violate my rights, and I am more than happy to make an officer look really bad in court in front of a judge if they try and be cocky and push it.

Edited by timgray

Guest tx2sturgis
All the wisdom I can glean from him says that it is never illegal to slow down, or stop if need be. Anymore, that is usually what I do. Even on the scoot. If it does end up being a road rager, I bet I am better off on my feet than on two wheels if it comes to that.

I think your response was appropriate. He probably pulled you over since it might be "odd" to see some one riding a scoot at two in the am. Probably just checking you out, etc.

Yep...hindsight is always 20/20...but at the time, I really thought a drunk or a roadrager or a car full of bored teens was trying to hit me, or intimidate me. You have to understand, that I had moved over and I could see only the RIGHT headlight in my LEFT mirror...it looked like the right front fender of the car was approaching my LEFT saddlebag. It was a judgement call.

So I used a burst of speed to put some distance between me and the car...better to get a ticket, than an ambulance ride. I will not hesitate, given the same thing again, to react the same way again.

Going through the next county seat one day in my car, I left the city limits and a big truck was in front going about 10 under the limit. Traffic was light, radar detector was quiet, and I didn't see anyone coming from in front or behind.

I pulled out, by this time there were two semi's and I let the car breathe a little to a nice round number and was just pulling back in when the radar went off. I slowed to the speed limit and didn't see anything for a mile or two, then the two trucks turned off and behind them was a county cop. Must have been way back, but I suspected that if he got a good radar hit on me at that speed, the lights would be going right away, instead, he ran right up to within about one car length of my bumper and hung there. At 56 mph. Had my cruise on, and the detector turned off by then, but it was still visible.

The cop stayed there for about 3 miles and then backed off to about 50 yards. I then pretty much figured out if he had me, he would have stopped me by now. Two lane, light traffic, plenty of safe places to pull over. He kept running up on me, and then backing down. I just kept cool, checked my mirrors and kept my cruise set. never sped up or slowed down, and kept EXACTLY to the middle of the lane.

After about 15 miles, at the edge of the county, he finally turned off.

I figured I had gotten my "freebie" for the month or more, and behaved the rest of the trip (mostly). :) It is the most a cop has played around without stopping me.

It is an '07. Funny officer would search. Steve is a 40 year old riding a goldwing. What did he think he would find?

Find any officer involved in drug interdiction work and ask them for some stories. You might be surprised to who carries drugs or money and what they will carry them in. A Wing, or any bike with good size bags, can easily carry several Kilo's of Cocaine with no problem. I've seen teens and up to a 70 something grandmother arrested for transporting drugs.

Find any officer involved in drug interdiction work and ask them for some stories. You might be surprised to who carries drugs or money and what they will carry them in. A Wing, or any bike with good size bags, can easily carry several Kilo's of Cocaine with no problem. I've seen teens and up to a 70 something grandmother arrested for transporting drugs.

Dang :shock3: that's crazy.

Guest tx2sturgis

Hey! Thats PROFILING!!! Right? They cant do that!!!!

:puzzled: