IGNORED

nexen tire

wild hair 39

went for a 250ml test ride sun,39#air,bike is a little squirrly,from the rear feels like the side wall is flexing a lot more than the BFG,tire is a lot more round than the BFG,but don't feel as stable as the BFG,in the curvies,will rase the # to 42 for the next test

• 3 weeks later...

just finished a 2,000 ml ride,not near as happy with the NEXEN tire,as the BFG 42# air,then 45#,rear seam a little squarily,85 to 90 mph,don't seam to grip as good as the BFG,deep rain groves,alot lot worse,no wett roads,gravel roads not as good,seams to shorten the line in croves,may be the bike,fixen to go thru the supenison,and put a new BRICKSTONE on the front,remember this is a KAWASAKI VOYAGER,NOT A VENTURE,don't know weather the tirs has any thing to do with gas milage,but it seams to be up 3-5 mpg,even in the storm in western OK last week,best was 55 mpg worse was 42 mpg

jury is still out on this tire :think::puzzled::sign **** happens:

lowell

thanks for the update on the nexum tire. you just don't go for a short ride to test out the tire, you go for thousands of miles. your on the second c/t, i'll never be able to catch up with you. have a good one my friend and be carefull out there.

best reguards till we meet again

don c. :bowdown:

• 3 weeks later...

I have running a nexum on the back for the past 7500 miles, no problems at all, but I run 37 lbs in mine, I just put a avon cobra radial on the frount and that improved the ride.

Also the grip on the frount seems to match the rear, bike stops on a dime.

Gregg

I have running a nexum on the back for the past 7500 miles, no problems at all, but I run 37 lbs in mine, I just put a avon cobra radial on the frount and that improved the ride.

Also the grip on the frount seems to match the rear, bike stops on a dime.

Gregg

just put a brickstone on the front,good run comming up,ST CHARLES,UP THRU AR,ROADS

latter

lowell

well the NEXUN tire is history,orded a new bfg yesterday,just didn't like the way it handled ,60 to 80 mph,sume times it would run straght,other,had a slite hunting,thank it is the side walls,[1 ply],rain, cruves ,graval,were good, if any one wants it,just pay shipping,or come by here,will put it on for you, an its yours,about 6,000 mls on it

lowell

Lowell,

How much air did you run in the nexen, and what does "slite hunting" mean?

Steve

slight hunting, most likely meant that the tire felt loose and squiggly, even in a straight line.

I was wondering about those Chinese tires and if they were any good. Guess that answered my question.

I just ordered new Dunlop Elite 3 tires for my 84 VR. Had Elite 2 on it before but unavailable now, I guess? Anyway when I took the back tire off one of the spacers fell and I hadn't taken notice to its location. OOPS :mad: Can anyone take a picture for me of the right rear side with the brake caliper on it. The spacer is either between the caliper bracket and wishbone or caliper bracket and wheel. Thanks

• 3 weeks later...

OK; put the nexen tire on a frend's voy, he has a voy kit on it,200 mle ride home,he say it seams to be great,took an avon off,only 3000 mls,wore out cords showing

got the BFG to beed up with 70 #,used STP oil treetment,man is that stuff slick,will put the tire on the bike to day,starting with 35# air,now let the test begain

lowell