IGNORED

Brake Pad Glue?

My front brake pads seem to be glued onto the callipers to preventing them from rattling. Is this in fact glue or maybe hi temp silicone? I want to change the pads and need to know what to use. Any ideas?

Thanks

Harry

The stuff is called brake disc quiet. A small amount usually accompanies a new set of pads, but you can buy it at any auto parts place. Comes in a 4 oz tube, orange in color. Directions may vary, but basically you put a layer on, let dry 10 min, then install pad.

The stuff is called brake disc quiet. A small amount usually accompanies a new set of pads, but you can buy it at any auto parts place. Comes in a 4 oz tube, orange in color. Directions may vary, but basically you put a layer on, let dry 10 min, then install pad.

actually depending on who makes it i have also seen it in blue.

It's not necessarily a glue, but a coating that keeps the metal to metal contact from not happening. This helps in the brake pads not chattering and sqealing when you apply the brakes. I use this product

http://www.crcindustries.com/ei/content/prod_detail.aspx?PN=05017&S=Y

you spray it on the back of the brake pads and let it tack up and install the brakes. This is what might be on there. I use this on every brake application that I do ccle or auto.

I have used a brake pad lubricant on my cars in the past to stop the squealing. The product used previously on my brakes was also meant to hold the pads against the calipers to stop them from rattling. I know this because while inspecting the pads last summer I managed to break the pad away from the caliper so that it rattled the rest to the summer ...dove me nuts:starz:

Thanks for your replys

Harry