IGNORED

1st ride with K&N air filters.

Had the first ride of the year yesterday with the new K&N air filters. Made a big difference in performance. Instant reaction from the motor as soon as you turn the throttle. Went for a ride around the block, turned out to be a 4 hour ride, 200 kms. later. The reaction from the bike was soooo sweet, I left quite a few HD's behind me. When I got home, my wife could not slap the smile off my face. Had no problems with the new high output stater as well.

I think it will be a trouble free riding season. Will be picking up my new trailer May 1.

It's going to be a nice week too.

:sign woo hoo:

does it still have the stock pipes? I have been thinking about getting K&N for mine and pipes later.

Yes, I still have stock pipes on.

I've been thinking of replacing them with BUB slip ons, wife dosen't want anything that's too loud. But that will be next year, or if I come acroos a good deal that I can't refuse.

OK Let the cat out of the bag...what else did you do?:confused07:

I to have recently installed K&N air filters along with the chrome filter covers. I did not really notice any great performance gains worth writing home about. Not like I did when I installed a K&N cold air on my 4x4 pickup. I also have stock mufflers but did the drill modification for a little more sound out of them.

What gives?

:confused24:

I to have recently installed K&N air filters along with the chrome filter covers. I did not really notice any great performance gains worth writing home about. Not like I did when I installed a K&N cold air on my 4x4 pickup. I also have stock mufflers but did the drill modification for a little more sound out of them.

What gives?

The only thing is, I kept the bike inside my heated garage all winter, and I added some gas stabilizer and engine tune up additive.

That's it, nothing else.

What gives?

A few blind tests would reveal that your results are a little more accurate. If the K&Ns were really letting in any more air and doing anything for performance, the carbs would require rejetting to match.