IGNORED

Donlop tire question

Hello everyone:

I need to buy tires and I think that I would like to try the dunlop elite 3. I went to the dunlop site and they recommended 150/80-16 for the front, And MV85B15 for the rear.

But so far all I can find is 150/80H-16 for the front, And MV85HB15 or MV85H15 for the rear.

Can anyone tell me the difference between the HB or the H, Or do I even need to worry about it. :doh:

I get brain dead sometimes and over think things sorry if it sounds like a dumb question. :Avatars_Gee_George:

I bought the E3 (MV85HB-15 Rear, 105/80H-16 Front).

These are definitely the standard sizes for both tires.

Someplace I found the cross reference for the E3 rear that, but I never booked marked the site. I just found my receipt for the tires. H just means the tires are rated for speeds to 130 mph.

Thanks for the info, I noticed that you bought 105/80H-16 for the front did you go for a smaller tire or was that a misprint. Dunlop says 150/80-16 just wondering.

Thank you very much

Quicksilver

:cool10:

Mine says 150/80-16 on the front, just like it shows on Dunlop's site. Got it from SWMoto Tires.

I put the 404s in WWW on early spring of last year....Everyone has an opinion about their tires....BUT...

I have a bud that is a Motor Cycle Cop in the large Metro area...I asked him about the tires on his RSV...Here is his reply....If he rides everyday for a living...I'm not going to question is opinion.....

Here you go...

George In Virginia...

George:

Many people use the Avons because of the grip. They are great in PERFECT weather! Mine came with the Dunlop 404, I have won rodeo's and obstacle courses with them and I got 15,000 excellent miles out of them. I put the same thing back on it (only the www version) and have 9000 on them and they still look great. I am sure that size and how you ride will have something to do with it, but for all around performance, I will stay with the Dunlop 404's until further notice !

Oh, and the Dunlops are excellent in the rain and not bad priced either. Good Luck

Just so you know Youy askes what the Hb means the H means 130 mph tire and the B means it is a bias tire . If it would say HR the would be 130mph tire Radial .

Just for your info.

Dunlop makes both Radial and bias Tires.

:080402gudl_prv:

I put the 404s in WWW on early spring of last year....Everyone has an opinion about their tires....BUT...

I have a bud that is a Motor Cycle Cop in the large Metro area...I asked him about the tires on his RSV...Here is his reply....If he rides everyday for a living...I'm not going to question is opinion.....

Here you go...

George In Virginia...

George:

Many people use the Avons because of the grip. They are great in PERFECT weather! Mine came with the Dunlop 404, I have won rodeo's and obstacle courses with them and I got 15,000 excellent miles out of them. I put the same thing back on it (only the www version) and have 9000 on them and they still look great. I am sure that size and how you ride will have something to do with it, but for all around performance, I will stay with the Dunlop 404's until further notice !

Oh, and the Dunlops are excellent in the rain and not bad priced either. Good Luck

It is strange how people observe things, especially tires. I wont recommend the Dunlops due to just the opposite of what your friend is saying. This isn't a slam on him, perhaps for him it is this way. I have found Dunlops, especially the 404's to be horrible in the rain and they will track a tar snake like nobodies business. Perhaps it's all about the bikes they are on, but I hate Dunlops on the Ventures.

I have run the Avon Venom on several different Ventures and find they are good in the rain, but I also slow way down when it's raining, interesting comparison to be sure :confused24:

It is strange how people observe things, especially tires. I wont recommend the Dunlops due to just the opposite of what your friend is saying. This isn't a slam on him, perhaps for him it is this way. I have found Dunlops, especially the 404's to be horrible in the rain and they will track a tar snake like nobodies business. Perhaps it's all about the bikes they are on, but I hate Dunlops on the Ventures.

I have run the Avon Venom on several different Ventures and find they are good in the rain, but I also slow way down when it's raining, interesting comparison to be sure

:confused24:

I have to agree with Squidley!

Avon tires are great in the rain & sleet. I had a dunlop 404 on the rear and slipped alll the time in the rain and almost lost the bike on a Georga tar snake. Haven't had any "PUCKER" moments on the avons

OK you guys have me thinking,(big mistake) But lets see the 2 measure up. So if you would those of you that have run both, Let me know your thoughts. Which do you like better Avon Venom Or Dunlop elite 3 front and rear.

Thanks Quicksilver

:think:

I ran Avon on the 05 and I am now trying the E3 on the 08.

I have no problems so far with the E3.

Between these two, I feel nor see any difference in wear or tear or riding in the rain.

I am running the standard size tires for the E3. I have run the smaller front with the Avons and have no issues including the wind buffeting some experience with the smaller front tire.

What I am waiting to see is the mileage I will get on the rear E3, if it exceeds the 14000 miles I got on the Avon rear tire, then most likely will stay with the E3. Currently have 12,000 miles on the rear, and the tread looks good for another 8,000 miles, but will have to wait and see.

I haven't been riding that long since I got back into it. I've only ridden very short distances in the rain, but as far as tracking on cracks and tar snakes the E-3s are great. I had a V-Star before the RSTD and it would scare you on tar snakes and hwy seams, so when I first got this one I was careful when I came upon them on the RSTD, but you can't even tell they're there.

I have to agree with Squidley!

Avon tires are great in the rain & sleet. I had a dunlop 404 on the rear and slipped alll the time in the rain and almost lost the bike on a Georga tar snake. Haven't had any "PUCKER" moments on the avons

I would absolutely agree with you regarding 404s, but E3 are like night and day to 404s, both in handling and wear.