Just wanted to say I am one HAPPY camper...Just installed a new set of Dunlop 404's on my 83, it's like it is a completly different bike. The handling is awsome, it is soooo much fun to ride. The wife gave permission to "upgrade" to a newer bike, we are looking at either a Valkyrie Interstate or a Yamaha Royal Star Venture, price will probably determine what I buy. That being said, I don't want to get rid of my 83 royal.

When I replaced the tires that came on my bike, I went with those also, they didnt last 7000 miles, i was very disapointed, So I replaced them with Avon Venom X and I have over 8500 miles on them and they dont even show any signs of wear. I heard that Dunlop started using a softer compound in the 404's, and that is why they didnt last........I too was impressed with the way my bike handled with them, just didnt last long enuff for me. Thats my story and I am sticking to it.......:cool10::cool10:

Just wanted to say I am one HAPPY camper...Just installed a new set of Dunlop 404's on my 83, it's like it is a completly different bike. The handling is awsome, it is soooo much fun to ride. The wife gave permission to "upgrade" to a newer bike, we are looking at either a Valkyrie Interstate or a Yamaha Royal Star Venture, price will probably determine what I buy. That being said, I don't want to get rid of my 83 royal.

Seems like the Dunlop 404's have been soft for some time maybe they do that for traction on the new bikes. They do wear fast but they stick to the road also.

I have E3 on the back now and it appears it may go to 15 or 18,000 miles before I have to change it. It is a harder compound though but still sticks pretty good.

Amazing what a new set of tires of any brand will do for a bike.

Jerry

Thanks for the input, the price was right and they were in stock and not 7-14 days out. I wanted the venoms but none to be had and I need a set for a trip I was taking. That being said I was also planning on selling the 83 next spring and didn't really think I needed to worry about longivity. However all I need to do is convince the wife that I need 2 road bikes plus my Dirt bike......should be easy right?:confused24: