IGNORED

Buddy's Goldwing Gone

RoadKill

Well Just got off the phone with Buddy. His Goldwing is on its way out the drive and will be officially on its way to Sherman Illinois by Sunday 3/15 and the RoadKill Racer will be headed to Oklahoma. :thumbsup:

We came to an agreement and we are trading, or course with some $$ in his pocket. Hopefully Peg will be able to keep him at home OR riding a little more.

I'm both excited and sad. My 2003 has never given me any trouble beyond the usual, but he should be good to go. All the standard things have already happened and been fixed.

We plan to meet in Springfield, MO on Saturday and then both head home on Sunday.

Unless you guys kick me out I plan to hang around and cause more trouble :whistling:and attend as many get togethers as I can get to. I'll post some pictures as soon as I can until then here is Buddy's picture.

I suppose now, since you ride with the GW club, you will not be coming to Don's MD? :(

Or are you trying to bring some class to Don's MD :stirthepot::stirthepot::rasberry::rasberry:

I will be there unless you won't let me.

As far as class...there is no way I bring class to anything:confused24:

hay roadkill make sure and dress warm it is going to turn off cold this week end where are you guys going to meet I might have to ride up and say hi. By the way did you get that light bar put on for Buddy?

Yes, I just PM'd him that I wanted it to at least be 33 before I left.:rasberry:

That light bar was installed the next weekend after I got home from Eueka Springs:thumbsup: and the wife says it really adds some visibility in the rear.

I have us a room reserved here and you have my cell. Come on up. You can bunk with Buddy:rotf: or the floor cause I'm a spooner and I'm not taking that chance.:rotfl:

Days Inn and Suites Springfield on I-44

3114 N Kentwood Avenue

Springfield, MO 65803 US

Yes, I just PM'd him that I wanted it to at least be 33 before I left.:rasberry:

That light bar was installed the next weekend after I got home from Eueka Springs:thumbsup: and the wife says it really adds some visibility in the rear.

I have us a room reserved here and you have my cell. Come on up. You can bunk with Buddy:rotf: or the floor cause I'm a spooner and I'm not taking that chance.:rotfl:

Days Inn and Suites Springfield on I-44

3114 N Kentwood Avenue

Springfield, MO 65803 US

So what time are you all going to be there? You are one sick puppy I think I will get my own room if I make it. By the way what happened to that new trailer you got?

Well yes the dealing is done RoadKill is getting my Gold Wing And I'm getting his Venture, guess I turning to the Dark side after all (Second Gen.). This has really help me out a lot and Peg will not have to worry about me so much anymore-two full time jobs. I'm loosing my Baby but at least I know it will be spoiled rotten. I told Peg that I need to get another replacement for the Wing for our trips but not a new one. And since I knew Roadkill's Venture was in great shape and well maintained plus $$ too boot I could not pass it up. So it worked out in favor for the both of us.

Heatonmt if you come up I'll buy you supper. I know sis won't be coming with you so give her a big hug for me....Beside's I want to see your new ride!!!!!

Buddy

So what time are you all going to be there? You are one sick puppy I think I will get my own room if I make it. By the way what happened to that new trailer you got?

I imagine we should both get there around 4 to 5 or so. Hope you make it. The trailer is awesome. I posted some pic, but there is also one in my gallery.

Tell Teri Hi and looking forward to seeing her to.

Later.

Okay, Jay, I guess I missed something here. Why are you going to the GW?

Congrats on the bike BTW! I'm envious of Buddy though. Nice color. I think, after looking at all the colors for awhile now, the Beach Sand Tan/Raspberry Metallic is probably my favorite color combo. I do, however, like the 09 seashell/raven a lot also.

Okay, Jay, I guess I missed something here. Why are you going to the GW?

Congrats on the bike BTW! I'm envious of Buddy though. Nice color. I think, after looking at all the colors for awhile now, the Beach Sand Tan/Raspberry Metallic is probably my favorite color combo. I do, however, like the 09 seashell/raven a lot also.

No particular reason, just something I always wanted to do and its working out well for Buddy too. Loved my bike but I have had the itch for something different for awhile. I'm a rolling stone:biker: I LIKE CHANGE! I think the Wing will hold value a little better and if and when Yamaha ever gets their act together and gets a new Venture out, I will probably be ready to CHANGE again.

You are right about the color I've always thought it was a great combo and like you I do like that new seashell/raven also. If it hadn't been the same old 10 year old platform I would have probably got one!

No particular reason, just something I always wanted to do and its working out well for Buddy too. Loved my bike but I have had the itch for something different for awhile. I'm a rolling stone:biker: I LIKE CHANGE! I think the Wing will hold value a little better and if and when Yamaha ever gets their act together and gets a new Venture out, I will probably be ready to CHANGE again.

You are right about the color I've always thought it was a great combo and like you I do like that new seashell/raven also. If it hadn't been the same old 10 year old platform I would have probably got one!

I can understand that!! I'm glad things worked out so well for you and Buddy to be able to make the switch then!! ENJOY!!

I know what you mean about the 10 year old platform too. Unfortunately, with times the way they are, I wonder if Yamaha will put much effort into development of a new platform for the Venture at this time. Wonder if they'll drop it for a time till things get better.

I wonder if Yamaha will put much effort into development of a new platform for the Venture at this time. Wonder if they'll drop it for a time till things get better.

That is part of what made me go ahead and pull the trigger on the WING. Hope I like it!:biker:

Well yes the dealing is done RoadKill is getting my Gold Wing And I'm getting his Venture, guess I turning to the Dark side after all (Second Gen.). This has really help me out a lot and Peg will not have to worry about me so much anymore-two full time jobs. I'm loosing my Baby but at least I know it will be spoiled rotten. I told Peg that I need to get another replacement for the Wing for our trips but not a new one. And since I knew Roadkill's Venture was in great shape and well maintained plus $$ too boot I could not pass it up. So it worked out in favor for the both of us.

Heatonmt if you come up I'll buy you supper. I know sis won't be coming with you so give her a big hug for me....Beside's I want to see your new ride!!!!!

Buddy

buddy, i'm sure glad for both you guys. roadkill got the bike he has been wanting for awhile, and a nice one at that, and you got one of the sharpest looking 2nd gens around. looks like you both came out on top. never know i just might show up in springfield for the ceremony. don't know if i want to ride back to st. louis next to an old fart on a wing. do ya think jay will be able to handle something that high tech with all those bells and whistles? :rotf::rotf::2133:

buddy, i'm sure glad for both you guys. roadkill got the bike he has been wanting for awhile, and a nice one at that, and you got one of the sharpest looking 2nd gens around. looks like you both came out on top. never know i just might show up in springfield for the ceremony. don't know if i want to ride back to st. louis next to an old fart on a wing. do ya think jay will be able to handle something that high tech with all those bells and whistles? :rotf::rotf::2133:

Thanks Bill, your more than welcome to join us, besides you may have to help Roadkill home with the Wing he's not used to all that power but he will soon Love it for sure. I on the other hand will have to get used to all that chrome. Roadkill sure did alot of work on the Venture. Now he gets to play with his new Wing. You may have to show him how to push all them buttoms too.

Buddy

Well Just got off the phone with Buddy. His Goldwing is on its way out the drive and will be officially on its way to Sherman Illinois by Sunday 3/15 and the RoadKill Racer will be headed to Oklahoma. :thumbsup:

We came to an agreement and we are trading, or course with some $$ in his pocket. Hopefully Peg will be able to keep him at home OR riding a little more.

I'm both excited and sad. My 2003 has never given me any trouble beyond the usual, but he should be good to go. All the standard things have already happened and been fixed.

We plan to meet in Springfield, MO on Saturday and then both head home on Sunday.

Unless you guys kick me out I plan to hang around and cause more trouble :whistling:and attend as many get togethers as I can get to. I'll post some pictures as soon as I can until then here is Buddy's picture.

Jay,

Did you keep the "Roadkill" emblems from the Venture?

Jay,

Did you keep the "Roadkill" emblems from the Venture?

Not those, but I'm ordering new ones!:thumbsup: Those will always be any MC I own:rotf:

Told Buddy I would let HIM take these off and if they survive being taken off he can drop them in the mail to me.