IGNORED

I gots me a gas leak.

Well the weather was beautiful here in NC today so after doing a bunch of yard work I thought I deserved to take a ride. After about 2 miles I started smelling this very strong gas smell so I pulled over and cut the engins off to see what the problem was. Lo and behold I crawled off and there under the bike was a puddle of gas. No being in the mmod to burn my great little first gen up I let it set for a bit to cool off and headed back home. Again I smelled the gas even stronger now and the bike wasn't running up to it's usual great self. When I got hom I left it outside to let any gas that might still be comeing from where ever it was coming from and for it to cool off before I pulled it into the garage. I was hoping this would eb a really simple find for me like a pin hole in the gas line from the fuel pump up but can life ever be that simple? Well not for me anyway. I pushed it in the garage and put the better halfs cager out side and put it up on the jack so i could get a better look at the situation. I turned the key on and the fuel pump strated pumping but just like always only 2 or 3 clicks and it quit...Shucks foiled again. So I took all the side covers off, the seat off, and the 2 little plastic pieces cover pieces so I could hopefully see where the gas was coming from. I started the ole girl up and here comes the gas but I can't see where it is coming from exactly. It is leaking on top of the rear shock and running down from there but I can't see where it is coming from. Can anyoone give ma any help on what I can to to fix this or if you even know what I am talking about? I haven't had a lick of trouble with this bike since I got it 5 years ago so I guees it's about my time but not being familiar with the mechanics of the bike I am at a loss. I searched the site before I posted this problem in hope of not having to bother any of the tech guru's but didn't find any related threads...they're probably out there I just couldn't find one...So to sum it up in one word....HELP!!!!!! I am going to try and attach pictures of where I am talking about so that it may help you to tell me what I need to do to fix it or what my problem might be.Thanks in advance for any help anyone might be able to give me.

Maby a stuck float valve, and one of the carb bowls is running over. Each has a rubber hose from top of carb, and hose runs back, and down under the rear shock to drain.

Unless you actually have a leaking hose from the fuel pump going up to the carbs.

In this case, follow the hose, from the fuel pump to the top of carbs.

If its a sticking float valve, put a can of " SEA-FOAM " fuel system cleaner in the gas, and give it some run time, and a couple of days, to clean out the System and the bowls.

Also, Each carb bowl, has a Drain, open each bowl drain, one at a time after the SEA-FOAM has had some run time.

Crud in the bowl, can hold the Float Valve's open. This is fairly common on these bikes.

Also, when tank is close to empty, do a complete Tank Drain-

You have a Floater Valve stuck and the Fuel is coming ot of on of the Vent Hoses.

You could try to fix this by adding Sea Foam to the Fuel or even let the Fuel Pump fill the Bowls with pure Sea Foam and tap the Carb Bowls with the Plastic Grip of a Screwdriver. This might loosen the stuck Floater Valve.

I cut the gas off and ran it til it died then unhooked the gas line from the filter and got a good bit of Sea Foam in by using the fuel pump. Will the bike run on straight Sea Foam or will I need to drain it out of the bowls and then pump it back full of gas?

I put Sta Bil in the gas tank before I put her into hibernation a couple months ago. I have never used Sea Foam before but from all I read tonight that is a much better route to take than the Sta Bil.

I want to thank y'all for getting back to me so quickly. I knew y'all would kow just waht was wrong and jusst how to fix it. This is one awesome group.

Wel y'all I just wanted to let ya know it worked...Let it sit over night, took the plugs out and put in all new ones and drained the carbs. Turned the gas petcock back on and let the fuel pump do it's thing and hit the strater and bang...she fired right up and no leaks..

Thanks again gys and I'm sure I'll need y'alls help again...