IGNORED

2000 Royal Star Venture - Deal or No Deal

SkyKing

Say Gang, I joined this group less than a week ago and am learning alot about Yamahas and have made several friends along the way.

A few days ago I was seriously considering a 2000 Venture MM with 103,000 miles for $5k. While many of you helped with pro and con comments regarding a high mileage bike, the owner notified me that he has been sold the bike. Today, I found a 2000 Royal Star Venture with 33k miles in excellent condition for $6995. It is red with black seating.

Now just to be sure, there is a difference between the looks of a Venture and Venture MM Limited Edition. Do both have the rear seat with stereo speakers, front fairing, etc.... On the web site, www.totalmotorcycle.com while looking at 2000 Yamahas, the site shows both the Road Star and Royal Star bikes with pics and specs.

I would like to know from the pros, if the above bike is a good deal or not. It is much closer to home and I would not have to spring for out of state expenses to get the bike back to Texas.

Thanks again everyone and have a great weekend. I hope to join you on the road soon.

Best regards,

Mike

The 2000 came standard with an 8 track.

OK, just kidding. Yes, it has the cassette. There has not been any changes other than color and seats since '99

And Skyking - the 2000 Red is the best and fastest bike. Attached is my 2000 Red ready for a trip to Maine last summer.

Sounds like a great deal with lots of miles left in it. I'm a little biased, but fair.

Make sure to show pictures when you pick her up.

RR

Edited by RedRider

Hey Mike that sounds like a good deal , very low miles , you need to hurry up and get one

so we can go riding , i am riding to the Ofeast in a few min. all of 1 mile but a lot eazyer to park , after eating to much i'll do a nite ride over to Port Cow .

Thom

Thom, I plan on buying this one. It is to arrive in Dallas in the next few days and I will fly up there to get it or trailer it back with my truck.

I have met so many great people on this forum and can't wait to ride with them and you in the near future. By the way, I just got back from the Fulton Oysterfest with a couple of my Dallas Shrine buddies and we had a good time. The winner of this year's mens raw oyster eating contest......178 oysters in five minutes. Number two winner downed 175. The record for this 30 year old event is 370 raw oysters in five minutes.

We left some oysters for you.

Mike

Go for it!!! I've been on the formum for about 2 weeks and can't say enough good things about the people here. Great bunch. Just picked up my 01 venture royal yesterday afternoon. 19,000 miles and I paid $8000 for it. passed up a few "deals" before I made the jump on this one. Hope your as happy with your new bike as I am with mine. Now if it would only stop snowing so the wife and I can get out and ride. :thumbsup2: