IGNORED

Dragon ideas

CrazyHorse

www.Ironhorsenc.com

This is a great place to stay, however, the night life is a little more country than city. In other words, bring your own beer/wine/liquor, sit around the campfire with the other riders and swap stories and lies. Beautiful area, quite babbling brook running thru the cabin area, big friendly lodge where all congragate, reasonably priced, and a nice meal at the end of the day.

Only place I have gone to twice (actually, 3 times) since I started riding (other than family destinations).

Check the www.Tailofthedragon.org website for additional information.

You will have a great time down there.

RR

We rode the Dragon East to West, or South to North, which ever way you want to look at it, then went across the Foothills parkway and stayed in Townsend at the Econolodge or Comfort Inn. One or the other, it was nice and very scenic! We had the wives with us or we'd have stayed at one of the MC campgrounds.

We rode the Dragon East to West, or South to North, which ever way you want to look at it, then went across the Foothills parkway and stayed in Townsend at the Econolodge or Comfort Inn. One or the other, it was nice and very scenic! We had the wives with us or we'd have stayed at one of the MC campgrounds.

FYI - The Iron Horse Lodge has camping, a bunkhouse, and cabins. The cabins are very nice (and relatively new) with 2 bedrooms sharing a bath.

RR

When are you planning on being there, Tail of the Dragon/Vogel IV is in the planning stages, the date is set for Aug. 12-16, 2009. We have a great time there, you get to meet lot of Ventureriders and put faces with names, and all the roads in the area are fantastic. If you want more info feel free to contact me as I am the organizer of the Dragon/Vogel rally.

Planning a trip to the Dragon any recomendations on towns with decent nightlife/hotels/restaurants. Plus any scenic rides in the area. Any help appreciated.

While your there take a ride through the Nantahla gorge. Beautiful scenery along the Nantahala river and you can stop at the falls and watch the rafters. there are a couple of good resteraunts at the falls also although on the expensive side for me. When are you going to be there, We are going up in June to fart, July to mini asheville, And again in sept. to raft. Maybe we can meet up and at least put a few names to faces.

david

When are you planning on being there, Tail of the Dragon/Vogel IV is in the planning stages, the date is set for Aug. 12-16, 2009. We have a great time there, you get to meet lot of Ventureriders and put faces with names, and all the roads in the area are fantastic. If you want more info feel free to contact me as I am the organizer of the Dragon/Vogel rally.

Unfortunately late May early June. Time off of work is hard to come by in summer because of seniority issues.

http://www.bluewatersmtnl.com/

Try staying at Blue Waters Mountain Lodge. Can't beat it. Very quiet, clean and the food is great (B&B). Sits right on a huge lake. The people that run it are great hosts. It's not a campground so be prepared for the price difference. Easy access on/off the Dragon as well as the Cherohala Skyway and to town (Robbinsville) for misc shopping or other restaurants.

Unfortunately late May early June. Time off of work is hard to come by in summer because of seniority issues.

Let me know when youll be there. The wife and I will be camping and rafting the river in the Nantahala gogre the weekend of the 5th of June.

David

jimbob, checkout brasstown ball, great ride and overlook. also helen is a germantown style with a few good restaurants. we stayed at vogel state park just below blairsville, nice lodging in the cabins and camping too. nice ride over to dillard and eat at dillard house restaurant, great food. about any road in the area is great to ride. hwy 64 along the ocoee river is good ride and you can stop and whitewater raft or dip your feet in the water.