Does anybody know if the 1.5 inch riser inserts (the ones that stack on the stock risers) will work on the 99 Venture? I see there are 2 rubber spacers between the handle bars and the faring. If I raise the bars the rubber spacers will no longer make contact with the bars. Is this a concern? And is there an alternative aside from purchacing new handle bars?

I put them on my 07 an found that yuo get a bit of shake in the fairing on hard bumps. I made a set of extensions for the rubber bumpers out of rubber inserts that are sold to put into coil springs on car suspensions. Reshaped the original bumpers a bit and then linked the two parts with a metal strap. Works very well and looks OK, they are prety well hidden down under the fairing. See the links below for photos.

http://i40.photobucket.com/albums/e224/royalsteve/DSCN0415.jpg

http://i40.photobucket.com/albums/e224/royalsteve/DSCN0416.jpg

One other issue with the risers is that they will hit the plastic fairing that covers the ignition switch when you turn the bars to the stops on either side. Does not hurt any thing but does scuff the ignition cover a little bit.

Just pull off the rubber bumpers, flip them over and turn them around and jam em in.

Just keep flipping them till they fit snugly between the handlebars, faring and the top of the triple tree.

If you want to make them more permanent, put some double sided tape on the side that rests on the top of the triple tree, just like from the factory.

I have the Barons 1 1/2" Riser Extenders for my scoot.

I have not put them on yet and it is unlikely that I will.

After my seat mod was done by Rick Butler I now have the perfect fit!

Boomer.....who's knuckles can drag the ground easily.

I have the risers on my 07RSV. Didn't have to change cables, but throttle does stick at full right turn. Have the front of the fairing off now and have tried to get more slack in the throttle cabel, no luck. Hasn't been an issue so far but would like to make sure it doesn't become an issue later on. Any ideas to get a little slack?

I bought a 2000 MM RSV and it already had the risers. I don't know what kind of risers they are but they have a solid round bar coming out of one side of each riser. They are 1" dia. by about 1 1/2"-2" long and the bar fits in the rubber mount just like the original handlebars.

When I got the bike it had the original throttle cables. Like was mentioned before they would stick at full throttle. No big deal but I didn't feel comfortable with it that way. I didn't want to break a throttle cable out in the middle of no place so I replaced them. I got mine from RickH. I got 2" over stock length SS braided. Now I have peace of mind.

Harry:missingtooth::301::sign woo hoo:

• 2 weeks later...

I'm kind of tall and need to move the handlebar ('03 RSV) grip's as far forward and up an inch or two. I'm thinking I need a new set of bars with an additional bend forward on each side so the bar will just clear the fairing. Has anyone tried this ? I don't think the standard 1-2" riser will put the grips any further forward than they are now (will prob be closer to me and that defeats what I need to do). I see all shapes of aftermarket bars, but buying any one of them is pretty much a crap shoot.

There must be someone else out there in the 6'-6", 37" sleeve length predicament that I'm in and likes to reach for the grips a little ?? I hate to feel squished on Yamaha's biggest bike.

John

I bought a 2000 MM RSV and it already had the risers. I don't know what kind of risers they are but they have a solid round bar coming out of one side of each riser. They are 1" dia. by about 1 1/2"-2" long and the bar fits in the rubber mount just like the original handlebars.

You have the Barons risers and someone modified them and added that bar on the sides.

I'm kind of tall and need to move the handlebar ('03 RSV) grip's as far forward and up an inch or two. I'm thinking I need a new set of bars with an additional bend forward on each side so the bar will just clear the fairing. Has anyone tried this ? I don't think the standard 1-2" riser will put the grips any further forward than they are now (will prob be closer to me and that defeats what I need to do). I see all shapes of aftermarket bars, but buying any one of them is pretty much a crap shoot.

There must be someone else out there in the 6'-6", 37" sleeve length predicament that I'm in and likes to reach for the grips a little ?? I hate to feel squished on Yamaha's biggest bike.

John

I assume you have rotated the bars up as far as they will go.

The riser will move the rotation point aft, which will allow you to rotate further up as they don't hit the fairing as soon.......... it is what I did. I am 6'6" tall but only have a 35" sleeve length.