IGNORED

Any Navy VP Squadren Members Here?

GeorgeS

I wasn't VP, but worked right next to a VP sqadron at Selfridge Air national guard base in Mt. Clemens MI. P3 Orions in Michigan. We also worked with VP's as I was in an anti submarine helo sqadron in Mayport Fl. Played wargames and seek and destroy with the P3 bunch

:happy34:

Guest Oldsalt

VP-671 out of NAS Atlanta 1962-63. That was as a White Hat. Then went to Pensacola, got my wings and enjoyed another 24 years until I grew up and got a real job. Best 24 years of my life.

oldsalt

I wasn't VP, but worked right next to a VP sqadron at Selfridge Air national guard base in Mt. Clemens MI. P3 Orions in Michigan. We also worked with VP's as I was in an anti submarine helo sqadron in Mayport Fl. Played wargames and seek and destroy with the P3 bunch

:happy34:

me to , HS-7

thom

Got a few responce's --- Good to know there are still a few of us old salts, flying around.

I know, there are a few black shoes here also !!

If anybody is interested, the Orions are being replaced with a derrivitive of the Boeing 737 aircraft.

The are in production at this time.

I was with VP-48 out of NAS North Island, and Sangly Pt. P.I. Also flew with VP-9 and VP-19 out of Adak, and Shemya.

62 to 67.

Edited by GeorgeS