IGNORED

Hella Driveing Lights

Today installed on my 89, a new set of Driveing lights. Hella, Optilux 1500, units.

Just got back in the house, from test drive after dark, and getting them adjusted. Boy, what a difference, from the single stock low beam.

They are 55W, H3 Bulb units. I just removed the " El Chepo " units I had installed and replaced with the new ones.

Couple of photo's here. ( as required )

With the Electrix aftermarket, or the Buckeye Pref. Stator, no problem.

Also, if you had Odyessy or othere AGM type battery, no problem useing lights like this, for at least a few hours at night when needed.

My intent is basicly, only to use them at night when needed. I don't do much night rideing anymore.

Yes!! and thanks much --- they work just fine, the brackets that is !!!

I found the lights for $22 a set on E-Bay. I ordered two sets, will put the other set on my Chev Blazer.

I think the guy on E-Bay, has 3 more sets, if anybody is interested.

Retail, I have seen them as low as $50, but I think about $85 is normal list price.

I found the lights for $22 a set on E-Bay. I ordered two sets, will put the other set on my Chev Blazer.

I think the guy on E-Bay, has 3 more sets, if anybody is interested.

Retail, I have seen them as low as $50, but I think about $85 is normal list price.

$22 thats a great deal as they are a nice looking light, could you post up the ebay link if you get the chance?

Well, its not a pencil beam. I set the left for a little right of center of road, and the right side, a little Off to the right side of road.

Kept the Vertical, about 20 percent lower then the low beam. I would say the road is lite up as good as either of my two cars now.

E-Bay--- Check this number---260363127063

Do search, " Hella Optilux, 1500 Driveing lights " Lots of them on E-Bay. Bide your time, for the best deal. Guy I got them from was somplace in Calif.

They are very well made, high quality.

Yikes!!! I picked up a set of the Hella 1500 Driving Lights off eBay and got them the other day. Had to go to $26.00 but still not a bad price at all. The lights are a huge step up from the Burners I had on the bike. A much narrower beam of light and man, I can see clearly now! LOL! Going to pull them open and see if I can change the bulbs out to a 35 watt just to hold the drain down a bit. Don't think dropping to a 35 watt is going to be a big loss on these.

Thanks for the heads up on the lights George. A good product for the bucks!