IGNORED

Quadzilla Fairing

I would like to purchase a Quadzilla Fairing for my 2006 rstd. Does anyone have any experience with the install of the fairing. Is it wired directly to the battery? My bike is black and I am wondering if the Gloss black paint option will match the black on my bike.

• 2 weeks later...

A friend of mine bought a Dragonfly fairing for his Yamaha Roadliner with Radio etc..It had all the wiring included and he wired it per the instructions and it fits great on that si If they make one for the RSTD I be it would look great also..His is easy off/on..Here is a few pics of it..Just Google Dragonfly Fairings

Installed a Quadzilla in November and have no regrets. Pictures on my personal site. Haven't learned to post thumbnails yet. The quality is very good.

The wire harness is well made. You will need to remove the tank and seat to install it correctly. You have to remove the 4 windshield mounts with grommets and use their hardware to install it. The fairing mounts easily and fits well. Their side deflectors work well but, the bags are a little cheesy. If you can get them to sell you their windshield bag mounts only, then you can buy a better bag from a leather dealer.

Just installed a Scoot Works trunk. Waiting for the luggage rack to complete it. Let me know if you have more questions.

It is their Super Trunk lll. I purchased the Venture mount and side rails so changing it back would require swapping the side rails back. No big deal but takes a little time. The trunk mounted easily with six 6MM machine screws. The nuts are already located on the mount. I just set it on rubber washers. The chrome rack is due here tomorrow. I'll need to mount it and find the right LED brake light assembly and I'm done. Well, if you're ever done that is.

jf: I honestly don't see much improvement over the stock windshield but, it looks better and has a radio. It does deflect more wind around your arms and hands. It didn't change the handling any. I did add Memphis Shade lowers with it. Had to make my own brackets though. The chrome rack came in today. Installed it tonight.

The wire harness is well made. You will need to remove the tank and seat to install it correctly.

Your bike is great looking! Congrats! How much work was it to remove the tank? I am contemplating running a wire harness to support front-end power, and wonder if the tank work is a doozy.

Dave

It'd easy to do. Remove the screws holding the chrome trim around the ignition switch and unplug the wiring under it. You will see it all when the cover is removed. Remove the seat to get to the rear tank mount bolt, then remove the 2 allen headed bolts on the front left and right of the tank. They have trim plugs in them you will need to remove.

Turn the fuel lever to off and remove the fuel line spring clamp and fuel line. Lift the tank off. Be sure the tank is almost empty first and it is not heavy at all.

Glad you like the pics of my RSTD. I'll post more this weekend if the weather is right to take some more. Plan on riding to Wichita tomorrow.

I would like to purchase a Quadzilla Fairing for my 2006 rstd. Does anyone have any experience with the install of the fairing. Is it wired directly to the battery? My bike is black and I am wondering if the Gloss black paint option will match the black on my bike.

Not the same fairing, my bad, but might make a good comparable.....

https://sscustom.startlogic.com/products/accessories/crusier/crusier14.shtml

randy:bang head:

• 1 month later...

I purchased one last June From Hoppe industries, absoultly the best purchase I have made for the bike thus far. PM me and I will send you pictures, I installed it in about two hrs. Very simple....I love it and get lots of compliments...

Good Luck...

The fairing from SS custom is the Memphis Shades, I bought one and installed it on my V Star 1300. I made my own brackets, cause I didnt have the extra 200.00 to buy their quick disconnect mounts.......I dont plan on taking mine on and off anyway......Its well made, but no mounting area for radio or such, but I already have my cb, sirius, and fm mounted to the handlebars so didnt need that............Here is a pic of it, I will be taking better ones and posting them in my gallery, the ones there arent the best.

Not the same fairing, my bad, but might make a good comparable.....

https://sscustom.startlogic.com/products/accessories/crusier/crusier14.shtml

randy:bang head:

Thanks for the Quadzilla info.

I like the looks of the Scootworks trunk. Which model did you get? What is the mount like, easy to take on and off?

RDHC,

if you're looking for a detachable tour pak bracket which utilizes all your stock hardware and take all of 2 minutes (if you're slow) to either attach or detach.....check this out....

http://www.venturerider.org/forum/showthread.php?t=35268

Installed a Quadzilla in November and have no regrets. Pictures on my personal site. Haven't learned to post thumbnails yet. The quality is very good.

The wire harness is well made. You will need to remove the tank and seat to install it correctly. You have to remove the 4 windshield mounts with grommets and use their hardware to install it. The fairing mounts easily and fits well. Their side deflectors work well but, the bags are a little cheesy. If you can get them to sell you their windshield bag mounts only, then you can buy a better bag from a leather dealer.

Just installed a Scoot Works trunk. Waiting for the luggage rack to complete it. Let me know if you have more questions.

Does the Quadzilla mount to the orignal windshield quick disconnect system on the RSTD? I have a 2008 RSTD S Model.

Ron...