IGNORED

Friday 13th

sleepy2

Anyone else going to Port Dover for Friday 13th ?

My son's will be along with a friend from work.

NO we will not be ridding as good chance of bad weather and it is raining right now and around freezing temp. Wanted to but don't want to take a chance(long season to go) If we have time we might be able to stop in to Carl's in Brantford on the way back.

I guess we could be like some other bikers and sneak bike in on trailer and just fib about ridding there.:mytruck::mytruck1::rotf:

Hope to be there around 11:30 or so

Guest BluesLover

Hey Phil - a bunch of us are heading down. Going to the New Sarum for breakfast at 8:45 and then heading to Port Dover but most likely on 4 wheels. Apparently they're only setting up vendors at the Giant Tiger parking lot, so it should be pretty cozy. Might see you there.

Cheers,

Hey Lou: got down to Port Dover around 11:30. Saw you on the road a couple time's taking pictures but by the time I figured out it was you and I found a place to park(I was driving a white Mazda(Ranger)pickup with topper and bush bar on front) you had disapeared. Kept looking and taking pictures and spotted 2 83-85 Ventures riding around and then parked in Timmi's but didn't know the riders.Also seen(uuuugggg:happy-emoticon:) the next new THONG MAN ridding around. I say next new one because we seen the original walking around(fully dressed) with his trademark (THONG MAN) beltbuckle on.

And I had to stay home, just in case somebody important showed up, well she did and there was nothing naugh-t about her,,, today at least,,, but her partner,,, well won't talk about him,,,but they did go home with some good eatin's,,,something somebody else missed out on,,,,,,,,:whistling:

Guest BluesLover
So what was going on up there guys in Port Dover for the 13TH?

Mike - there's a long history behind Friday the 13th, Port Dover and the biking community. Each time there is one there is a gathering of bikers - last year set a record with over 30,000 bikes and over 120,000 people (it was in June). This year there are 3: February, March and November.

Here's a link to the history behind Friday the 13th and Port Dover, Ontario:

http://www.pd13.com/

Cheers,

Guest BluesLover

Hey Phil - I even wore my VR hat (see picture below). We got there around 10:30 and left just past noon. Not much going on, although a few braved the snowfall overnight and made it on 2 wheels.

Cheers,

Lou---when I first saw you it was from the back and side so I didn't notice the hat(didn't recognize it was a Venture hat) but the Harley Davidson patch threw me off .So I wasn't sure until about the 3rd siting that it was you and by then it was too late.

Carl----I'm not sure if you meant that I missed out in your message but couldn't be helped as we had to hurry back sooner than anticipated(friends wife needed him home) so I didn't have time to stop in.(sorry)

thanks for posting some pics, phillip and lou..

i somehow missed these postings about the port dover thing, and didn't bother going, mainly due to the cold weather. would surely have " ventured" out if i knew u guys were going. hope to see u guys again at the marcarl meet, if it happens. haven't heard anything about it yet ?

abdul.

thanks for posting some pics, phillip and lou..

i somehow missed these postings about the port dover thing, and didn't bother going, mainly due to the cold weather. would surely have " ventured" out if i knew u guys were going. hope to see u guys again at the marcarl meet, if it happens. haven't heard anything about it yet ?

abdul.

Planned for the 24th of May... Please check your calendar,,, sir,,,and while you're at it check out March 14 for another happening

Planned for the 24th of May... Please check your calendar,,, sir,,,and while you're at it check out March 14 for another happening

never knew about the " calendar " feature on this site. used it for the first time today. thanks, carl. and i did put my name in for the marcarl meet. am the first one one on the list.:banana:

will decide soon about the one for the 14 th of march. haven't seen becky and bob for a while....and the rest of you people too, of course. so am surely going to try. now if you promise to bring me a piece of pepperete, ( is that how it's spelled?) you will see me there come hail or shine!.............now, you know.... its got to be BEEF! :smile5:

Guest BluesLover
The 24th of May???? You're either turning this into a sleepover (you cooking breakie too?), or you need to have some calendar training yourself Mr Carl...

Cheers,

Hey Carl:

I'm pretty sure this is planned for the 23rd which is the Saturday... I know you grey haired old folks get mixed up some times but this IS suppose to be YOUR event...

Wayne

First SORRY Bongobobny for not putting a viewer discretion on those pic's but I did describe them in the write-up before. Your comment was right tho.:happy-emoticon:

Chabicheka-- I am there every Friday the13th except 2years ago when we were on a family trip to Ohio

Wizard765--I think is was just a twitch that he pushed the wrong number.(was this a help Carl?)

Chabichaka--I am#2 behind you in signing up for May M&E at Marcarl's

Is everyone else aware or waiting to see who else is coming?Could also be the economy right now I guess.

Wizard765--I think is was just a twitch that he pushed the wrong number.(was this a help Carl?)

I got this friend, you see, spent the whole day with him yesterday,,,,,and I think it was toooo long,,some of what ails him must have rubbed off on me,, not much mind you,, just a little,,,,it is the 23rd,, but if you like to stay over I ain't saying no.

Chabichaka--I am#2 behind you in signing up for May M&E at Marcarl's

Is everyone else aware or waiting to see who else is coming?Could also be the economy right now I guess

The 23rd is on the calendar, but hasn't been posted as of yet,,will do that soon though..

I won't say where someone was heading at 4 pm yesterday if he wasn't enlightened beforehand:think::whistling::think: