IGNORED

Fork question

Guest Vermincelli

Guest Vermincelli

I have to replace the forks on my 85 and I found a set tonight for the full set with triple tree but they are from a 1986.

Will the 86's work on the 85?

I have to replace the forks on my 85 and I found a set tonight for the full set with triple tree but they are from a 1986.

Sure. The big difference is that you now have hydralic anti-dive and the 86 and up are electrical..... Check with Bongobob on this board. He's doing a swap.

Yup, but there are changes to be made though. The anti dive is electric, not hydraulic & the brake pads, calipers & rotors are different as well. Some install this setup to get an brake upgrade.

Guest Vermincelli
Yup, but there are changes to be made though. The anti dive is electric, not hydraulic & the brake pads, calipers & rotors are different as well. Some install this setup to get an brake upgrade.

ahh, a nice bonus. I noticed the front brakes on the 85 are pretty weak.

Guest Vermincelli

I got really lucky this morning. The person that sold me the complete fork set later remembered the difference in the brakes between the years so he tossed in a set of calipers and a full front wheel with rotors and a fender free of charge. So $100 bucks total for a full front end. He was jazzed to see another Venture person and was more than happy to help get me on the road.

Scary is that he also has a bunch of other Venture/Vmax goodies that are available to me as I go along (including a vboost, vmax rear and a set of vmax cams)

Guest Vermincelli

Checked them before leaving his shop.

Went over tonight to check on things and one thing led to another and next thing I know it's 5 hours later and the forks are on, brakes on and everything buttoned up. All that's left to do is bleed the brakes and figure out where to hook up the electric anti dive.

Hate doing that. Hmm, guess I could put it on the hoist. Hmm, guess I could at least take off the handle bars. hmmm, might as well take off the wheel. etc.