IGNORED

Missed You Guys.. - Crimson Knight

The Crimson Knight

Hey all!

Well I'm back, digitally of course. I never went anywhere physically.

I want to apologize for disappearing like I did for the last four months. It's amazing it's been a third of a year since I logged in here last and I feel real bad for that. I spent the last few days reading some posts trying to catch up as best I can. Read about the trip to Cody, saw the flyer and going to start working on making that a possibility. It will be the longest trip I have ever made on a bike and need to plan carefully. I read about MasterGuns putting his VR out to pasture and getting a Harley. :(

:bawling:

I know no one is perfect and I'll be the first one to stand up and admit it. With all the excitement of getting my VR at the end of summer and getting my 'list' of things done to it before the Venture Rally in Athens, I got my priorites messed up. I hadn't realized I had spent almost every night and most of every weekend for over a month with the bike. Either working, riding, cleaning, staring, etc. And was not spending time with my family like I should.

:bang head:

I realized that the best way is to just get out of the pool and get back in one step at a time. I just hadn't realized that 4 months could go by so fast. My wife is in school during the day and works nights so most of my free time is spent doing housework and taking care of our toddler. Until she finishes school and gets on a regular 8-5 job (3 more months!) I have to be careful how I spend my time.

I haven't done much with the bike since the rally other than start it and take it for a quick mantenance ride every few weeks.

However, I'm happy to say that this past week I spent taking every part of body work off the 88 with the exception of the rear trunk and the upper fairing/lights/electronics. I drove it up today to my mechanic in Hurst. Going to have some things taken care of that I don't have the time + know how to do. And would just simply feel better if an experienced person took care of. So, hopefully, after about 3 weeks I should have it back and in the meantime will be cleaning/polishing/JBWelding up all the body work in prep for the bike's return.

:pushups:

I'm very excited about the comming riding season. As it will be the first one that (if things go well with the wife's job) my family should be on a regular schedule and I should have time to ride like I haven't been able to in 3 years. And my bike will be in tip-top shape to boot!

I hope everyone is well. Missed all you guys and glad to be back online! Drop me a message, PM, e-mail or the finger if you like (I deserve it).

-Chris "The Crimson Knight"

Edited by The Crimson Knight

Welcome back. Life has a way of getting in the way of what we want to do sometimes. Glad you have your priorities in order - little family then big family. We all need some timeout from one or the other. We will always be here so drop in whenever you can.

Hey Chris Welcome back, glad to see you have your priorities in order, we have to remember that family always comes first and sometimes we have to back off getting carried away with our hobbies or passions for riding if it interferes with home life.

Good luck to you.

Ian

Glad to see you again. I understand priorities. I drop off the face of the earth once in a while. Last look I had was your bike sitting in the parking lot in Athens. Drop me a PM, I have done a few things with a bike cam etc. Also need a pic of you next to your bike. It will replace the empty spot in the Stampede presentation. Looking forward to riding with you soon.

JB

:225:

Consider yourself flamed for the MIA

Jb, speaking of the Stampede presentation... a few of the folks at the M$E asked about that...... how is that going???

Missed ya, but we`ll see you soon, get healed up and ride!!

K

Glad to see you again. I understand priorities. I drop off the face of the earth once in a while. Last look I had was your bike sitting in the parking lot in Athens. Drop me a PM, I have done a few things with a bike cam etc. Also need a pic of you next to your bike. It will replace the empty spot in the Stampede presentation. Looking forward to riding with you soon.

JB

:225:

Consider yourself flamed for the MIA

Welcome back Chris...

If going to Cody fits into your schedule, several of us will be hooking up in Sioux Falls, SD to travel over to Cody. You would be more than welcome to join up with us.

:mytruck:

I was looking at the map the other day thinking about the trip to Cody. I think that would work out very well. I would be honored to ride along with you guys from Sioux Falls.