IGNORED

How many Women ride their own bikes here?

highwaypeg

Welcome Highwaypeg!

My wife rides her own bike.......Yamaha Virago 1100 and she loves it. She's not a member of this site primarly because she just doesn't care much for computers. When we do long distances, she rides with me. If your ever in the GA area, look us up...we're always looking for someone to ride with

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Nice ride you got. I used to ride my own in my younger days...which was sort of difficult because I am so short. But as I grow older, I am enjoying the back seat more and more. I like sitting there and enjoying the scenary and just basically relaxing. My job is often times stressful and riding with Don helps me to relax. If I was riding my own bike, I would have to pay attention too much! LOL! It has been said that I can also fall asleep on the back...take a short nap...anyone else do that?

Patti

My wife rides our Roadstar most of the time, but she also rides our Triumph and the Venture occasionally. We will be going to ride the Blue Ridge Parkway this June, I will ride the Venture and she is taking the Roadstar. She has been riding 16 years and 90000+ miles.

I took the course, husband bought me a little Suzuki, I rode it in an empty parking lot a few times, and I rode it around town once. I had him sell it....... I much prefer watching the scenery from the back of his bike and being oblivious to all the other idiots that share the road with us.:)

I think its great that you ride your own bike my best friend Kim took the course and got her licence and then bout her own bike she loves it but i think she likes to ride with me still :big-grin-emoticon: she just loves the wind in her hair dont matter how it gets there.. Ron

I have ridden on the back of my husband's Harley for a long time, but I guess I want the feel of being a bit more daring and independent. Besides, when he is not able to ride, I can!

Although, he usually likes:happy65: to ride behind me. I guess he likes the view.

Hehehehehe!

Thanks for all the responses, this could get addictive

highwaypeg

You have just come to the realization that you are already addicted! Now you will find yourself planning time to come to Meet & Eats, dragging the husband along so he doesn't get lonely. Then, after awhile, your hubby will be riding past Yamaha dealers gazing longingly thru the window at that Midnite RSV............

Oh, by the way, Maintenance Day at Freebirds in NW Ohio is not to be missed...........

P.S. You can check out anytime you want, but you can never leave.........

Guest texasyamahamama

Welcome to VR. I've been out of touch for awhile and just now found the thread. Like Lonestarmedic said I ride a 1989 VR. I'm loving every minute. The time not spent riding is time spent checking out the maps planning where next. Can't hardly wait till spring gets here. I'm planning a trip hopefully for next month down to Big Bend with my son. He rides a 2005 Honda Shadow Spirit 750.

Jackie

Guest tessa c2

Hats off to you girls:thumbsup2: Hey, Tinystar, i remember that day, must admit this is the first time i have seen you on here, but that could have been because i didn't know who you where. Does that make sence?:snow: t/c pete

Count me in as well. After a few motorcycle rides as a passenger many years ago I decided I would rather be up front and have control over what was happening. I've enjoyed nearly three decades of trouble-free touring and won't give up riding until I can't get a leg over anymore.

It's great to see all the lady riders here. My youngest daughter will take the B.C. Safety Council riders course this year and one son rides so it will be a treat to make it a family affair.

Kasey

So whereabouts is New Burlington, OH? Lori and I are in NE IN. Have you thought about trying to attend Maintenance Day in Oberlin, OH? You might meet some of these biker babes there. As for riding tips, have you seen the Ride Like A Pro video? Lori and I make attempts at these riding exercises every spring. I can't say that either one of us is real great at them. But they will help you a lot.