IGNORED

Garmin GPS holder?

bgordon10

Would you guys happen to have a part #? I tried using their mount wizard for my 00 RSV and it did not come back with any results.:puzzled:

This is what I got:

RAM Mount GPSMAP 60 60C Series Zinc U-Bolt Rail Mount

P/N: RAM-B-149Z-GA12U

SKU: RAMB149ZGA12

(From GPSCity.com)

Note that there are two parts: the rail bolt that attaches to the handle-bar (there are other options too) and the holder that attaches to the GPS. Separating them this way lets you decide where you want the GPS to go, and to get the right holder for your GPS. I use a GPSMAP 60CSx rather than a Zumo, for example.

I preferred to use the U-bolt, but others have liked attaching it to the brake or clutch reservoir bolt. GPSCity sold a set with both the U-bolt and the GPS holder.

Hope this helps. I suspect you might be a victim of having too many options.

• 4 months later...

Nothing against the RAM mount. I just wanted something different so I made a mount for my GPS to mount on the speaker grill. I used two thin strips of starboard (boat deck material) as backing plates and mounted to a swivel mount.

My XM I mounted the same way on the other side. I am preparing to do the same thing with my new zumo. I just have to decide if I am getting the garmin recieiver or keeping seperate XM.

Just thought I would throw out another option. I'm sure you can't go wrong with the RAM mount.