IGNORED

2003 not for sale any more.

star4772

Well I decided to try and keep the RSV instead of people trying to get something for nothing. It sometimes seems that when people get into a fix they should get something for nothing. I cut my price down as low as I will go but for some people its not enough so I decided to keep my RSV. However we thank you for all the comments and suggestions.

Hope we can see everyone this riding season.. :fingers-crossed-emo

Thanks,Joe :smile5:

I am glad to hear that you are going to keep your scoot for now. While my job is not in jeopardy, I fear that my wife's is (despite her insistence that she is too valuable to be let go). Things are tight for us also and I certainly understand where your coming from.

Food for thought..................although gas prices have come down temporarily, I found that my RSV just about pays for itself when we had $3 - $4/ gallon gas. I have a truck that gets 13 mpg and my RSV averages about 40mpg. I ride my bike to work almost everyday and use it for most of my errands (as long as I don't have both kids with me), so with the higher gas prices I pretty much break even. If my truck wasn't paid for, I'd get rid of it before I sold my scoot (might still depending on how the next year goes).

Good luck and realize that you are not alone.

The facts of this economy are that few have extra money to buy the things they "want". I know numerous people with motorcycles for sale right now and they are not getting offers. In the reality of life, the value of items are only worth what you can sell them for. I don't think motorcycle values will be back to previous prices for quite a while.

The facts of this economy are that few have extra money to buy the things they "want". I know numerous people with motorcycles for sale right now and they are not getting offers. In the reality of life, the value of items are only worth what you can sell them for. I don't think motorcycle values will be back to previous prices for quite a while.

I agree with you my friend but I just had to mention it because (not to mention any names) but when someone wants to try and cut your deal after the fact its a different story.

Just my :2cents:

Hi Joe,

It's good to see that you are going to keep your bike. We had called about it last week but are still looking. Something will come along. We put the money we got from our Nomad away so we could buy another bike when the right one comes along. My thought about money is that if the price of anything we are trying to sell keeps us from being broke that we are probably broke anyway as the funds from one thing won't last us forever. Things will work out in the end for all of us one way or the other. Enjoy your bike as you have in the past because you never know what the future will hold.

Butch :12101:

Hi Joe,

It's good to see that you are going to keep your bike. We had called about it last week but are still looking. Something will come along. We put the money we got from our Nomad away so we could buy another bike when the right one comes along. My thought about money is that if the price of anything we are trying to sell keeps us from being broke that we are probably broke anyway as the funds from one thing won't last us forever. Things will work out in the end for all of us one way or the other. Enjoy your bike as you have in the past because you never know what the future will hold.

Butch :12101:

Thanks but things just got worse I just found out maybe not back to work till March. Can't hold out any longer then Feb 1st.

Dang it anyway.

Joe.

Work, whats that. I no longer even apply to the Unemployment %, been out of work so long. If I found a job now, everyone would have a heart attack, don't want to do that to my family and friends. Just kidding, thank goodness self employed, or retirded. Glad you didn't sell it, maybe go for ride someday. Later-

Hey Joe,

I know exactly how you feel.

I STILL have my 85 Goldwing Interstate. It has a wiring problem that developed in spring of 2007. I tried to find what the problem was and after a year without my bike, I eventually gave up.

Last spring 2008 we bought our 2003 Midnight Special. What a great bike!

However, I placed my Goldwing on a local website called Kijiji which has free advertising.

I started with a price of $1750 CND, which I soon lowered to $1500.

In my advert, I mentioned the wiring problem and explained on the phone that the bike will start and run 10 to 20 minutes before the 4 cyinders cut down to 2. After the bike (& wires) cooled down, it would start up again on all 4.

You would be AMAZED how many guys showed up and expected to pay me only $1000 CND and wanted to put the key into it and drive it home!!!

Well, I will try again in the spring, but if it doesn't go by May, I will sell it in parts and for parts.

By the way, I live in Central Ontario.

Bruno