IGNORED

Chroming passenger floorboards

Mikealiasmike

Got a hold of a chroming company called South Bay Chrome http://southbaychrome.com/ and received a quote

Here's our pricing for the passenger floor boards:

1 set at a time: $40.00 ea piece x 2 = $80

10 -20 sets: $30 each x2

21-100 sets: $25.00 each x2

This obviously don't include shipping which would be needed both ways. I'm going to send in my set to see how they turn out and will get back with everyone. If they are indeed a quality finish, I will make arrangements with company on how to set everything up to do a quantity order. Hope this makes sense. All I know is if I can get a set of chromed floorboards for those anemic aluminum ones at 1/3rd to 1/5th the price, I'm in. God Bless. Mike

Edited by Mikealiasmike
inserted web link

I sent him another email looking for clarification on how this could be done with sets coming from all over the country. Haven't received a return yet, (actually sent after they were closed) Told them that they could be receiving sets from all over the country including our neighbors in Canada... yea same ones who sent this Alberta clipper our way... :doh: When I get a response I'll let everyone know. God Bless. Mike

I would think that he'll set a time frame and we will have to send them to him. We would probably expect to be with out the rear floorboards for 2 weeks or a little longer. Say a week for all of them to arrive. Do them the following week and them send them back out.

I'm just guessing though. He may want one person to handle all the shipping. Guess we wait till you find out. But I'm in also.

I know I would want to ship the parts back out to only one person if it were me...:whistling:

This guy would not make a dime on this if he had to package and return ship each set individually to each owner all over the world now....

Most likely we would have to send the floor boards to one VR member, that member would then send them ALL IN AT ONCE to the chroming company..they would return them to that one VR member when done and the VR member would be in a hell of a mess at the post office packaging and sending individual sets out to each owner...

Guest tessa c2

HI Mike, will have to thiink on that one, hope you enjoyed that alberta clipper, moved snow for 11 hours yesterday with the back hoedrive way was 3 ft deep for about 200 yards:snow:

I'm sending in both passenger floor boards, and battery covers from my 05 RSTD. Price is less then a chromed set of battery covers alone. Their going in on Monday, won a set of used battery covers on ebay for 10 a piece. Figured I'd see how those turned out prior to sending in mine off my bike. I have gotten more info on this but before I pass it along, I want to see what kind of work they do. I'll keep you informed. God Bless and stay warm from the "other" Antartic. Mike

Got a hold of a chroming company called South Bay Chrome http://southbaychrome.com/ and received a quote

Here's our pricing for the passenger floor boards:

1 set at a time: $40.00 ea piece x 2 = $80

10 -20 sets: $30 each x2

21-100 sets: $25.00 each x2

This obviously don't include shipping which would be needed both ways. I'm going to send in my set to see how they turn out and will get back with everyone. If they are indeed a quality finish, I will make arrangements with company on how to set everything up to do a quantity order. Hope this makes sense. All I know is if I can get a set of chromed floorboards for those anemic aluminum ones at 1/3rd to 1/5th the price, I'm in. God Bless. Mike

If you take the anemic aluminum ones and have them acid dipped and polished they will look chromed and can probably be done cheaper than having chromed. Ask Condor, he had a set done.