IGNORED

Another Dealer closing

Chinto

I just learned my favorite Yamaha dealer is going out of business. I don't know exactly when but everything is being liquidated. For those of you anywhere near Morris, IL you may want to check ProSource Motorsports. He was advertising new 08 Ventures for dealer cost. I am concerned now because he had a great service dept. Now where do I go for great service? :yikes:

WOW!! That's where I bought mine at this past spring.... I had no Idea. How did you hear about this??? I don't know about thier service dept, but I want to Rick's Yamaha of Lockport to pick up some chrome:whistling: this past week and they sell thier parts for Yamaha list as opposed to Morris who ALWAYS jacked it up.

My local Dealer has laid off 4 of his 6 Sales Reps. He still has 6 Service Techs and I don't think he will cut any of those guys as they have all been with him for many years.

Even with Winter here the Service Dept. is going strong because guys are trailering the bikes in to get work done before Spring gets here.

Between this Site and my Service Manual I hope to learn enough to do most of my own wrenching.....now if I could talk my Chief Financial Officer into letting me have a heated garage I'd be a happy camper!

One of my riding buddies was telling me today that he had his bike stored there while he was having some maintenance performed over the winter. Anyway he got a call from the dealer recommending that he get his bike out before year end because he expected to close soon.

I took a look at their website today and sure enough in big bold print, "Going out of business sale all units below dealer cost". I have used their service dept. for several years for my Vstar and now my Venture and it by far is much better than other local places.

In fact I just had my Venture there over Thanksgiving to replace the rear shock. I found everything operating in its usual fashion. Fast reliable service as usual.

http://www.prosourcemotorsports.com/

A local dealer here also closed up just prior to Christmas. Cycle City in Burlington Ontario Canada....carrying the Suzuki and Yamaha badges for the past +20 years. I'm told there is a bankrupcy notice on the doors. It was my handy source for OE Suzuki and Yamaha parts. There are still other dealers in the area...but not as handy for me. Too bad to hear these things.

That's too bad..... The thing I worry about is whenever I took my bike to them for service....the first question was "did you buy the bike from us?"....I wont be able to say yes anywhere else.....does that effect service quality....or priority???

Any dealer that asks if "you bought it there first" deserves to go out of business. Dealers should welcome any customer they can get to their doors. The same holds true in the auto service business.

Hope you find someone that doesn't ask that question.

Good Luck!

In these economical times the MC biz is going to change. Just like car dealers, a lot of them will be closing their doors if they can't, or refuse to, compete. If they're in over their heads in flooring debt, it's just a matter of time before the collectors start knocking at their door. It's going to be a long time before a bike sells for msrp, and it's going to be a long time before dealers will have a bunch of inventory on their showroom floor.

I would think it should be the other way around. I myself will never forget $4.00 a gallon gas and the effect it can do to my bottom line. Therefore I will be riding a motorcycle more often and buying fuel efficient cars form now till doomsday. The gas costs will be back with more of a vengeance.

I would think it should be the other way around. I myself will never forget $4.00 a gallon gas and the effect it can do to my bottom line. Therefore I will be riding a motorcycle more often and buying fuel efficient cars form now till doomsday. The gas costs will be back with more of a vengeance.

What your saying is valid... if folks were spending bucks. They're not. It's going to be a long while before the public feels comfortable enough to stick their neck out, and go into debt for any non essential items. Let's face it, the boat has been rocked!!

I guess it is my view of non-essential items that skews my vison. Something that saves me money in the long run is a must. We try to never spend money we don't have unless it is for land. This boat rocking is only bad if you have accidentally caught a wave too. It seems we all have to suffer somehow even if it is something as minor as the local dealership closing. There is a local bike shop having a auction in the neighboring town in a few weeks. They were called "Uncommon Motorcycles" Dealt with Ducati, Royal Enfield and a few others. Don't know the reason for closing but could be the times.

We are looking to buy a new vehicle but are really hesitant in our choice right now. For one nothing is tripping the trigger as far as versatility. Plus the fact that with all this BS flying about the future of the big three we are wondering like the rest of the world if we buy one of their vehicles now will they be around to stand behind it. That alone is a big factor in why everyone has changed their view on spending. It is time the big three started to build a car that stops falling apart so soon. I try to take pretty good care of my vehicles. But this constant domino effect that happens with all U.S.A. made products has to stop. Buy a Japanese made car or truck and ther seems to be less overall replacement of components. Why? It has to be because of better manufacturing overall.:2cents::confused24::D

Guest xiondavis
I just learned my favorite Yamaha dealer is going out of business. I don't know exactly when but everything is being liquidated. For those of you anywhere near Morris, IL you may want to check ProSource Motorsports. He was advertising new 08 Ventures for dealer cost. I am concerned now because he had a great service dept. Now where do I go for great service? :yikes:

I've just been lurking - but just signed up...

Beware buying from prosource right now - i'm currently without a side case, they have my money, and nobody responds to my calls or emails... I'm missing races :(

I even emailed Rusty Ott - whats going on do you know? Hey Chinto- if you happen to go in, I'd appreciate if you ask them about my case - thanks!

James

Our local dealer also has gone under. Salmon is a very small town, hats off to anyone having the courage to even open a dealership in such a small community. Hate to see good folks go through such disappointment and loss. These were the type of folks that would drop any thing to assist an out of towner in need of repair or parts.

Dealers have it tough because they can not compete with online resources for parts, and tires. nearly two hundred and sixty dollars for a tire through the local dealer or one hundred and twenty five Dennis Kirk, which way ya gonna go? Our local dealer had the class to tell us get the best price you can and we will be happy to mount it for you, and their price was reasonable.

Fortunately their service Mechanic has opened up his own local shop and no doubt will continue to do well.