IGNORED

MAC Muffler group buy list.

We now have the 10 members interested in picking up a set of MAC's so it's a go. I'll give it another week for anyone else that would like to join in, and then start asking for the funds. Money can be sent via Paypal to our account email address paypal@cast-aways.com, or check mailed to Cast-Aways, p.o. box 8, Carmichael Ca 95609-0008. Once we get the funds together I'll place the order. So be patient and good things will happen....:)

OK, I heard back from MAC and the group pricing will be the same. To make things easy it'll be $225 sitting on your doorstep.... unless you live north of the boarder, then It's $235. The break out is $195 plus shipping. So if anyone would like to get in on this go-around's list of 10 feel free to chime in. Also if paying by Paypal an extra $5 bucks to cover paypal charges would be appreciated...

From all the reports I got back from the first group of ten we hit a home run.....:)

This groups list.

#1 matt73ander....paid

#2 Cdnlouie....paid

#3 TJON....paid

#4 Gentleman George....paid

#5 IH TRUCK GUY....paid

#6 Vicco27....paid

#7 Backroads....paid

#8 Richard....paid

#9 PEIslander....paid

#10 kbert777...... paid

#11 86er....paid

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I missed the first gen part. Is this only for first gens?

Yeah, sorry Wayne, 1stGens only. 2Gens have a bunch of manufacturers to chose from, but if your a 1st, MAC this one of only two brands available.... I did check with MAC and they don't make them for 2ndGens.

What do they look like is the a link to see them ... and or a write up on them

thanks

Rulon:missingtooth:

Condor got a bunch for us the first time around. Got mine installed and love'em. Check out my Photo Gallery to get a look at mine.

Thanks Jack,

DJ

:thumbsup2:

Condor got a bunch for us the first time around. Got mine installed and love'em. Check out my Photo Gallery to get a look at mine.

Thanks Jack,

DJ

:thumbsup2:

Your's look great Dan.... and from what I gather they sound great too. I can hear 'm out here on the west coast...:cool10:

I also had a chance to view Dave90's scoot with the MACS installed at Ft Collins last week. With his V-Boost conversion they were impressive.... talk about sneaky fast..:whistling: See the pic below.

After putting on 3000 miles to Ft Collins on my '83#1VR, with the MACs, I noticed the sound started to go up in volumn a bit, and the tone becoming more mellow. I'm happier than a clam in a tide pool with mine....:):):)

After putting on 3000 miles to Ft Collins on my '83#1VR, with the MACs, I noticed the sound started to go up in volumn a bit, and the tone becoming more mellow. I'm happier than a clam in a tide pool with mine....:):):)

They do noisey up abit after they are on for awhile. Got about 1800 on mine by now and they ARE impressive when ya get on the throttle.

BTW, I rode out early last Sunday morning. Thought I might catch ya'll in Wendover and ride in, but I geass I missed ya by about an hour. Couldn't make it Saturday. but it was a nice ride anyway. Wish I could'a made it to Ft. Collins, but just couldn't happen.

:crying:

DJ

I meant sunday before last. Boy time sure does go by fast these days.

:smile5:

Know what you meant in the first post Dan.....:) We got out of Dodge pretty early Sunday, sorry we missed you. It was a long haul to Ft Collins and a 6 bike convoy isn't built for speed. We were on our way by 6AM PDT and got to FC arond 7 their time. 'Bout 12 hours in the saddle....

We were on our way by 6AM PDT and got to FC arond 7 their time. 'Bout 12 hours in the saddle....

2 If'idas. Ifi'da come out Saturday, or Ifi'da checked in for a schedule, might'a hooked up. I went in by the back roads so I even missed ya'll goin the other way on 80. Would have been a kick just to get a glimpse of the crew.

:hijacked: Sorry folks. Back to the business at hand.

DJ

Your's look great Dan.... and from what I gather they sound great too. I can hear 'm out here on the west coast...:cool10:

I also had a chance to view Dave90's scoot with the MACS installed at Ft Collins last week. With his V-Boost conversion they were impressive.... talk about sneaky fast..:whistling: See the pic below.

Jack,

I would order another set if I could!

I just smile everytime I really get on the throttle, and seem to have a lot of people comment on the deep mellow sound produced by them.

Much thanks again for the time you invested in helping us out with this great deal...

I would definitely reccomend to anyone interested!

Hey I just noticed that this is the first picture I have ever seen of my scoot since I purchased it.

Daveg90 aka SuperSport

Jack,

I would order another set if I could!

I just smile everytime I really get on the throttle, and seem to have a lot of people comment on the deep mellow sound produced by them.

Much thanks again for the time you invested in helping us out with this great deal...

I would definitely reccomend to anyone interested!

Hey I just noticed that this is the first picture I have ever seen of my scoot since I purchased it.

Daveg90 aka SuperSport

All ya gotta do is start another project 1stGen Dave.......:whistling:

• 2 weeks later...

GENTLEMEN.... The list of 10 is completed, and I've waited the extra week to see if anyone else wanted to hop on the bandwagon. It's now time to start asking for money. For US members, I take Paypal payments (prefered) using the paypal@cast-aways.com email address, or you can send a check or money order to Cast-Aways, PO BOX 8, CARMICHAEL CA 95609-0008. For or Canadian members the options are Paypal or a Money Order in US funds. Sorry, no checks....my bank kills me on the conversion.....

US=225.00, CA=235.00

No problem if you've changed your mind, but please let me know, so I can start beating the drum again to fill the list.

As soon as we get the moneys I'll give MAC a call and start the ball rolling on their end...

So how do you guys like these mufflers? They look pretty nice. I assume its just the slip on muffler part not the collector or pipes off of the engine?

So far everyone seems to like them....A LOT!! They are a slip on and you won't have to remove anything other than the old mufflers. You may have to do a little fudging in the flange area to get them lined up. DaveG had to take a little of his passenger steps to make some room on his '90VR, but others haven't mentioned that they had to?? Some longer bolts from the hardware store, and flang gaskets seem to be the norm....

Well it didn't take long, but was sorta expected. We're had our first and second list casualty. Calperin had to gracefully back out due to unexpected problems, and tiny84 decide to go with a set of Road Kings off Ebay. So............... if there is anyone else that would like to join the list, now's the time. We will need 10 to place an order. See below......

OK, I heard back from MAC and the group pricing will be the same. To make things easy it'll be $225 sitting on your doorstep.... unless you live north of the boarder, then It's $235. The break out is $195 plus shipping. So if anyone would like to get in on this go-around's list of 10 feel free to chime in. Also if paying by Paypal an extra $5 bucks to cover paypal charges would be appreciated...

From all the reports I got back from the first group of ten we hit a home run.....:)

This groups list.

#2 Cdnlouie

#3 TJON

#5 IH TRUCK GUY

#6 Vicco27

#7 Backroads....paid

#8 Richard

#9 PEIslander

#10 kbert777...... paid

So far everyone seems to like them....A LOT!! They are a slip on and you won't have to remove anything other than the old mufflers. You may have to do a little fudging in the flange area to get them lined up. DaveG had to take a little of his passenger steps to make some room on his '90VR, but others haven't mentioned that they had to?? Some longer bolts from the hardware store, and flang gaskets seem to be the norm....

Jack,

The main reason I had to relieve the interfernce with the bottom side of my left passenger step is most likely because I have Marks Exhaust Collector that puts the output pipes at a slightly higher profile.

I also had to notch the mounting tabs of the Mac mufflers on both sides to arrive at the same height coming out the back.

Great set of pipes...:)

Daveg90

I would not expect this issue on stock collectors.

So how do you guys like these mufflers? They look pretty nice. I assume its just the slip on muffler part not the collector or pipes off of the engine?

I really like mine!! The hardest part of installation was replacing the seals. The rest is just nuts and bolts. I had to go the hardware store and get longer bolts and washers for shims. My Markland hitch complicated things abit because it uses the pipe mount bolts to anchor the front of the hitch mount. I think it took longer to do the running around after I found out what I needed than it did to install the pipes. Very distinctive sound, like no other bike on the road. Kinda sounds like a pair of Harleys at idle, and alot like a souped up Ford Flat-Head with Smittys running up.

DJ

:mo money::thumbsup2: