IGNORED

Anyone have a spare mirror?

Broke my Rt side mirror off completely, even the glass. Went looking for spares and I think I could get hen's teeth easier. Stealer wants over 200, fleabay has a couple for a hundred or more. :mo money: I just don't have that kind of money. I'm thinking about trying to put a pair on from another brand of bike... ones that are not gold plated :hihi:. Anyone tried that before, if so, how did it work out?

Just need to host a meet and eat and keep yer eye on the parking lot fer a like bike...problem solved...

:missingtooth:

:rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:

Thanks TxVenture... hadn't thought of cager mirrors... time to go to autozone or somewhere and have a look ;)

Yeah Thom... thought about that but then I thought I would have to ruin the other one to drill it out so it matched. Shoot, at the prices they are asking for these things, it would be like burning a $100 bill to drill the good one...:hurts:

I'm not sure if you're looking in the right place for 1stGen mirrors on 'Fleabay'. They come up for auction all the time and don't bring nearly the $100 you quoted unless you're looking in the dealer 'buy-it-now' section. Here's a RH MIRROR that just sold a bit ago, and althought this one was a steal, be patient and you'll find one for a decent price.

I have a LH mirror less glass if you want to do the drill and tap trick on a set of mirrors.

JB

May take you up on that offer JB. Going to give it a couple weeks or so to see if I can come up with the one I need, then go to plan B.:scratchchin:

As mentioned above, I put an aftermarket set of mirrors ($25 for the pair) on my bike. A quick drill and tap on the mirror bases to get the 10mm thread, and you are set. If you don't have a metric tap, any local machine shop should do it for a cup of coffee.

I attached the only pic I could find where you could see the mirror... I turned them in backwards for a better field of vision. Please ignore the 18 month old sitting on "her" bike...

I don't know why Yamaha is so proud of thier plastic chrome mirrors but the reason they are in such demand is that the mirrors are the catch point when these bikes fall over and break fairly eaisily. Happened to me several times. I've since resorted to using a set of aftermarket custom mirrors I found on ebay for a little over $20.00 a set that are real metal chrome and work great adapted to the bases of the stock mirrors.

I do happen to have a right side stock mirror in good shape I could let go cheap the problem is it's painted blue to match my bike instead of chrome. I bet you could paint it and your other mirror flat black to match and it would not look odd and out of place. If that works for you I would sell it for $25.00 plus shipping.

I don't know why Yamaha is so proud of thier plastic chrome mirrors but the reason they are in such demand is that the mirrors are the catch point when these bikes fall over and break fairly eaisily. Happened to me several times. I've since resorted to using a set of aftermarket custom mirrors I found on ebay for a little over $20.00 a set that are real metal chrome and work great adapted to the bases of the stock mirrors.

I do happen to have a right side stock mirror in good shape I could let go cheap the problem is it's painted blue to match my bike instead of chrome. I bet you could paint it and your other mirror flat black to match and it would not look odd and out of place. If that works for you I would sell it for $25.00 plus shipping.

Bob.. you have a PM