IGNORED

Mini-Asheville planned

mini-muffin

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 1 month later...

Last year we had sites from about 19 to 25 by the lilly pond. This year I want # 22, which is one down from where Laura and I were last year.

Also, these sites are plenty big enough that more than one tent can be set on any of the sites. You may have to pay a slight fee.

RandyA

I think that last picture explains where the wine went I bought at Biltmore.

Since I haven't camped in a tent since I was a kid, I played it save and made reservations at the Super 8 Motel at Black Mountian. Strange thing is they already billed my credit card for the full 3 days. Most places don't bill until you check in. Hope I don't have a hassle over this. I printed off my credit card bill and willl be taking it with me.

• 3 months later...

I will be there on Thursday 7-9 I plan to leave Canal Winchester Ohio

about 4:00 am

I plan to see Grand Father Mountain on the way down

http://www.grandfather.com/

http://www.chimneyrockpark.com/

If any one wants Join me I will wait till Friday send me a pm or post

I have reserved site D-25

If weather gets bad I will have a couple of tarps and some poles to set up

we can even set up to have some shade

I will also have my grill and a camp stove and griddle for french toast and eggs in the morning

I will be there on Thursday 7-9 I plan to leave Canal Winchester Ohio

about 4:00 am

I plan to see Grand Father Mountain on the way down

http://www.grandfather.com/

http://www.chimneyrockpark.com/

If any one wants Join me I will wait till Friday send me a pm or post

I have reserved site D-25

If weather gets bad I will have a couple of tarps and some poles to set up

we can even set up to have some shade

I will also have my grill and a camp stove and griddle for french toast and eggs in the morning

Dave, if you do not want to carry your griddle, we will have a large one available for the breakfast meal. I had thought about making Grandfather Mountain one of the suggested rides as last year we went to Chimney Rock, Mt Mitchell, Cherokee and Biltmore House. There is just so many great rides in the Asheville area.

RandyA

Blackjack has said that the north Georgia M&E for that saturday may meet up with the mini-asheville people. So I'm not sure if that also means we're staying for saturday night dinner.

I apologize if there is any misunderstanding, Randy. Actually, this is a "Joint Venture", so anyone that wants to come up from GA for this event is more than welcome to do so. Since this lasts several days, no GA group ride is planned, as everyone can arrive and leave whenever best for them between Wednesday and Sunday. I, myself, will likely leave early Friday morning and head home Sunday afternoon, so anyone that would like to ride together then is welcome to send me a PM so we can make arrangements to get together. Camping is available at the KOA and there are motels nearby for those that can stay overnight.

TERRY

Super 8 Black Mountain

101 Flat Creek Road

Black Mountain, NC 28711 US

Phone: 828-669-8076

This is the place most folks stayed at last year. Seems they all liked it because they are staying again this year. There are other places I'd advise sticking with Black Mountain too close to Asheville and your talking big bucks for a hotel room.

Plus there's the KOA East where some of us will be camping. Plenty of tent sites always available. Those of us tenting it will be in D section.

Margaret

Bittersweet news, y'all.

My sister and her beau are driving down from Cape Cod to see us on the weekend of Asheville on their way to Florida. icon7.gif

icon9.gif icon9.gif Wayne and I are so sorry we won't be able to make this trip.

Hopefully, we will see you at Vogel...all family members have been told our vacation is in Georgia this year! icon7.gificon7.gif

Someone buy some Biltmore wine!icon14.gif

Brandy

Bittersweet news, y'all.

My sister and her beau are driving down from Cape Cod to see us on the weekend of Asheville on their way to Florida. icon7.gif

icon9.gif icon9.gif Wayne and I are so sorry we won't be able to make this trip.

Hopefully, we will see you at Vogel...all family members have been told our vacation is in Georgia this year! icon7.gificon7.gif

Brandy

Wow, Brandy, I am disappointed all over. You and Wayne were one of the major attractions!!! :crying:

RandyA

Bittersweet news, y'all.

Brandy

Why don't you just drag them along to Asheville as well .....The more the Merrier !

And just think , you will not have to clean the house for guest !!!!!!!!

BEER30