IGNORED

Rain Ride

baustin

The '08 Venture just hit 800 miles so I decided to take her in for 1st maintenance today. It was very nasty out but I figured I could make it before the rain set it...NOT. I rode 45 miles in a wicked downpour and I have to say, I'm impressed. This may be old had to most here but having never owned a touring bike I was amazed at how well the bike handled in this weather and no less amazed at how dry I stayed with NO raingear on. My only complaint was the windshield visibility so I am going to challenge my buddy to manufacture a wiper and motor to put on it. If I had a wiper on there it would have been a perfect ride. Again, sorry for such a long rave but I was too impressed to keep my mouth shut.:250:

I try to avoid the rain as much as possible. Glad to hear that you did great in the rain and was able to get your recommended maintenance. I've heard of Rain-X and this may work on the windshield during on a heavy downpour.

Ride safe.

I try to avoid the rain as much as possible. Glad to hear that you did great in the rain and was able to get your recommended maintenance. I've heard of Rain-X and this may work on the windshield during on a heavy downpour.

Ride safe.

DO NOT, NOT, NOT, use Rain X on the stock shield. It will compromise the plastic. Clearview shields allow the use of Rain X but not the OEM.