IGNORED

bunk house camper

ronhenry4

i've been reading about them and you can add electric brakes to them that would help wouldnt it?

I wouldn't pull one without electric brakes, the braking system on the Ventures is less than desireable. I know I will have arguement to this statement, but when your pulling something that weight half as much as the bike empty, then load it, I want all the brakes I can get

:happy34:

I pull a bunkhouse LX with my 2007 venture. Don't even know it's there unless you're braking and taking off. Have to use a little more throttle taking off and begin braking a lottle earlier. No problems, even in the mountains. i don't have electric brakes and i've had no problems. Also b&f specailties, the makes of the Bunkhouse are having a winter special sale. You can get a brand new on for just a couple 300 dollars more than you posted for a used one.

Steve

does anyone own a bunkhouse camper they pull with there RSV ? im looking at one on ebay and didnt know if the rsv was big enough to pull it ok with out any problems.

thanks for any feedback. Ron

We're entering our 5th season pulling a Bunkhouse SE with an RSV...first two years with our 99 RSV and last two with our 06 RSV. I think there's a picture of our 99 and the Bunkhouse some where here on the site. The RSV has no problem, or at least my two RSVs, with having enough power to pull a loaded Bunkhouse while riding two up with loaded top case and saddlebags. We've averaged 10 uses a year since we bought ours..that 10 trips a year, some 1 night, some for a week.

Regarding the comment on the trailer brakes...I don't have them and don't feel I need them. I adjust my riding style when pulling the trailer, and I personally find the RSV's brakes more than adequate to stop the bike, momma and me, and the loaded trailer behind it. I won't agrue though with anyone that wants to spend the $ on adding and having the brakes...nothing like a little extra protection. But I'm fine without them.

Curt

I pull a bunkhouse with my RSV. You do know its there if its windy and you can watch the gas level go down fast! specially in a headwind.

They track nice and in side winds seems to help stabilize the bike a little in my opinion.

Without brakes on the camper it does take a bit more to stop. Its a big camper so watch those slow speed turns and dont run over the curb.

Yes it is big and tough enough to support bigger folks. I am 250 and the thing barely moves around once set up.

All around a good camper.

We have 1994 Bunkhouse we stole last year, it was a great deal. Pulled it to Canada with the 90 VR, no problem. Doesn't have brakes but stopped just fine. It worked out for us very well. I agree with others, you have to watch your riding style with it and take bigger corners, but it pulls very easy, didn't affect my mileage very much at all, maybe 2 mpg, that's about it.