IGNORED

Baron's 4-2-4 Exhaust

Guest Dareman

Guest Dareman

For Christmas I got the Baron's 4-2-4 Slip-ons for my 06 RSMV.

I cannot wait to get them on the bike! I also got the extreme Family Jewell attachments.

Questions for all you Guru's out there.........

Is the install easy?

Do I need to rejet?

Most of all......

Are they loud ( I hope ) or just announce my presense?:confused24:

Any and all information appreciated!

I put the 4-2-4's on my 06 Midnight Venture last year. Great sounding pipes to be sure. After a bit of hard running they get really LOUD. They will hear you coming and going for sure!

No re-jet is required and the pipes are easy to install once you get the saddlebags out of the way. I installed NGK Iridium plugs and did the carb sync as well. I also blocked off the AIS system=this will eliminate most of the back-firing and popping very nicely.

If you ride 2UP I would suggest a nice set of ear plugs for your passenger!

Note: Keep your stock pipes! At the rate things are going many States may require MC's to be inspected yearly for Emissions/Lights/Exhaust. Just another way to fleece $$$$ from us IMHO.

Guest Dareman

BoomerCPO

I found the information thanks!

Did you plug your AIS or are you running stock?

( Hopefully the cagers will stay of my tail as well when I throttle up! )

BoomerCPO

I found the information thanks!

Did you plug your AIS or are you running stock?

( Hopefully the cagers will stay of my tail as well when I throttle up! )

I only plugged my AIS. There's a few guys here who have removed the system from the bike completely....I think Freebird is one of them....and there is a procedure to do that as well.

I bought my 4-2-4 Slip-on's a couple of months ago. It took me about 45 min to remove my stock pipes and install the new Nasty Boy's. They sound GREAT! Loud, but I can still hear my stero just fine. No rejetting required; however, when the pipes are cold I get a little popping when letting off the throttle, but that goes away within minutes or at least I can't hear it anymore (HA). Enjoy, I sure am. eddy1156

Guest Dareman

It is sounding more and more like I made the right decision when I asked "Santa" AKA the wife for the pipes!

Please keep the comments comming!

I have them - and I like them. For me they could be a little "deeper" in tone, but again I like them a lot.

Install is pretty simple and I did mine without removing the bags. Probably 45 minutes worth of work - HOWEVER.....

Do it right the first time. I had mine off 2 more times trying to get rid of the popping. I finally broke down and bought the wide chrome clamp and high temp silicone and did it right. Now I am a happy camper. :happy34:

Shep

Clamps come with the pipes , as well as the mounts. Mine was shipped without the clamps . I call Baron , though I bought through one of their dealers and told them the clamps were missing . They shipped the clamps and gave one heck of a discount on the tips .

BEER30

Clamps come with the pipes , as well as the mounts. Mine was shipped without the clamps . I call Baron , though I bought through one of their dealers and told them the clamps were missing . They shipped the clamps and gave one heck of a discount on the tips .

BEER30

Baron's is shipping the old-style clamps now. When I received my mufflers - I called - they said they were having too many problems with the wide chrome ones :Im not listening to. So I ordered the wide chrome - can get them here http://www.chopperscycle.com/page/VTS/PROD/42-264/24032

Shep

• 1 month later...