IGNORED

Unhappy with gerbing heated gloves

eazyduzzit

• 9 months later...

I have been using Gerbings products for over 5 years with no problems or complaints. I have the pants, jacket liner and gloves. I did have to replace the controller one time. I have always been treated fairly by this company.

Edited by loosebiker
misspelling.

I had a problem with my Gerbing gloves . The liners would pull inside out when I take my hands out. I was told to carry a chop stick to push them back in, or get some silk liners to put inside the liners so there is not as much friction,also if you get caught in the rain they absorb water like a sponge. I would not buy another pair of Gerbings.

I bought Synergy heated gloves from Wingstuff.com and like them so far. Like SOME Gerbings gloves they are heated only on the top surface. I didn't realize that some Gerbing (and maybe other brands) come with wires on both the top and bottom. For the best cold weather protection get the type with wires on top and bottom. So far my thumbs only seem to get cold on the bottom, but I am finding ways to deal with this.

I suppose the type with wires only on the top really would be best used with heated grips, that should solve all the problems, but I didn't want that much stuff taking up electricity capacity.

the person having problems should check to see if they can exchange the gloves for the type heated top and bottom. (back and palm I guess is a better way to say it).

Doesn't excuse bad customer service though. I have found Wingstuff.com to be responsive and helpful.

• 11 months later...

I have had very good luck with Gerbing clothing. My hands do not get toasty warm & sometimes I think they are not working until I unplug them & ride a few miles. My fingers freeze very quickly. I do not have the new micro fiber style gloves, maybe they are better, but the ones I have work. After all when you are riding in temperatures below freezing at 60 mph you have to expect a little chill. If I had to be toasty warm all over I would drive my truck. Now that’s an uncomfortable thought!

• 9 months later...

I realize this is a really old thread but I just wanted to say thanks for the heads up. I do not understands a company or retailer not wanting to stand behind their product. I am starting to 'gear up' for a ride 'up north' in the next few weeks and decided to check out my cold gear options and this popped up.

I also see that most of the members that posted in this thread are 'expired' members... Sort of sad to see...

• 2 years later...

I just bought gerbing T5's and hope they are good.....

I have 2 idea's for you.....probally only one is a good idea. Well #1 is you can ride with the glove until your thumb is good and cold then wack it off with a meat cleaver. You'll never have to worry bout it being cold again. Someone here has to act like an a$$hole so I'll belly up to the bar :o)

#2 is buy a new pair....put the defective glove in the new box, and just return them. Some poor sucker like me will end up with the bum glove but you'll be all set. Who ever ends up with the bum glove will post the same story here and the cycle will start all over.

Now that this issue is solved I have another..... liner under the jacket, jacket on top of the liner, controller in the outside jacket pocket. Has anyone put a small hole in the jacket pocket to run the wires to the liner? Or is there a better way to do this?

The heated stuff is great but the wires a pain in the butt.

Thanks for putting up with me fella's :o)

Bob

I used my T5 Gerbings tonight. It's 38 F here and I went out for 1.5 hrs....very toasty. Could have stayed out much longer, it was just too late.

I routed the wires up in the jacket from the inside left chest pocket down to the wire outlet zip. This way my controller and wiring is all in the liner. Had to put 2 small holes on the inside edge of the liner to do this. This way I only have to zip my jacket and liner down 6" and reach in to adjust. My wife will iron a patch of some sort over the area.

Glad I got this stuff.

Bob

I purchased a set of the gerbling heated gloves from cabela's a year ago. they are battery powered stored in a pouch. purchased extra batteries and both 110v and 12v charge cords. have worked great for me and I can wear them to any outdoor event. I also purchased the 12v battery powered fleece jacket that works really well for me. wear the gloves and jacket to football games and other events outside. Cabela's also sells a battery powered vest.

it's the portability i wanted to keep warm and not have to be plugged in with a wire. there are 4 settings, low the battery last close to 6 hours and on high close to 2 hours. I like the gloves because the seem to heat the back of my hand and fingers, where needed riding in the wind. The jacket i usually wear under my leather jacket as a liner on low when it's real cold.

with the extra batteries i charge them on the bike while riding down the road when needed.

First order came in and the gloves were too small for me and too big for the wife, I hand no issues exchanging them through Cabela's. Or returning them if they didn't meet my expectations.

they are rather expensive, but it was the mobility I wanted when wearing heated gear.

Good Luck.......

Dawg I was just getting ready to buy a bunch of their stuff at the Motorcycle show. HUH, guess I'll jump in on your boycott but remember Custom Dynamics stole $75 CASH off me for returning an unopened turn signal kit they said was for a Venture (Not) and changed me shipping and restocking fees. And the license plate LED thing some LEDs went out inside two months. So Add then to YOUR list. It's all made in China. Japan I can deal with.

Now that this issue is solved I have another..... liner under the jacket, jacket on top of the liner, controller in the outside jacket pocket. Has anyone put a small hole in the jacket pocket to run the wires to the liner? Or is there a better way to do this?

The heated stuff is great but the wires a pain in the butt.

Thanks for putting up with me fella's :o)

Bob

Bob, Biggest thing I can think of if you cut a hole is that this is gonna happen. Sooner or later your gonna get off the bike and forget to unplug. As you walk away you may tear that hole bigger. I had my setup so that the cord came like it normally does. But I put a wire tie tab on the underside of the seat and used velco to attach it to the bike. When ever I got off and forgot to unplug it tugged and released from the tank, but it was enough time for me to stop (being reminded by the tug) and unplug .

Bob, Biggest thing I can think of if you cut a hole is that this is gonna happen. Sooner or later your gonna get off the bike and forget to unplug. As you walk away you may tear that hole bigger. I had my setup so that the cord came like it normally does. But I put a wire tie tab on the underside of the seat and used velco to attach it to the bike. When ever I got off and forgot to unplug it tugged and released from the tank, but it was enough time for me to stop (being reminded by the tug) and unplug .

I hate your pure logic. I would prefer to be jerked back to the bike or see it tip over. :whistling:

I have run Gerbing gloves since the early nineties and have no complaints.

:farmer:

Well the hole is not where the wire exits to the bike.....just in the liner to hop over that horizontal stitch. The wire still exits the zippered pouch at the bottom of the liner. It worked out real well on last nights ride.

I'll keep you guys posted.....going out tomorrow.

Thanks for the input!

Bob