IGNORED

Rear Light Bar- Turn Signals and Brake Lights?

birin

I plan to install the 15" light bar on the rear of the bike this winter. This site has some good instructions on how to do this and several good sites to buy from. I see the lights have high and low intensity - so they are wired for driving lights as well as brake lights.

I thought during my web searches that there was light bar that also did turn signals? The entire light bar goes high intensity for the brake

The left side of the light bar flashes on a left turn and the right sides stay intense

The entire bar stays at low intensity while driving

Is it possible to buy a light bar that can offer driving, brake and turn signal features?

The "light bar" you describe is actually a light bar designed for trailers. Some people also sell these as motorcycle light bars, but is actually the trailer unit with some additional mounting hardware. My Carmate brand enclosed trailer uses a run-turn-brake 15" light bar over the rear door. I liked it and buoght another from the trailer dealer ($29 I think) and replaced the "brake only" light over the rear door over my Reading toolbox truck topper.

If you use this on your bike, you would also need a Mod-u-lite or Hoppy trailer light convertor, because the bike uses separate turn and brake bulbs and this light bar the turn bulbs and brake bulbs are the same bulb. Do a search on this site to get model numbers.

You would have to create your own mounting hardware.

I intend to use this same unit whenever I get around to building a hitch-insert cooler rack.