Burninator

Chris,

Some folks use the Oddessy batteries and have very good luck with them. I have seen a couple that didn't work out so well, but thats few and far between. I usually stick with the stock replacement which is a Yuasa. I have had good luck with them, but I tend to swap out my battery about every 2 to 3 years. For me it's cheap insurance to not be in Wyoming and have a battery crap out on me.

Edited by Squidley

Depends on what you want to spend(isn't it always).. The Oddessey 680 will run you about 120USD-150USD. One from Walmart, about 40USD. Oddessey will last about 6-8 years, will give you 2-3 times the cranking power and it's totally sealed and maint free. The Walmart battery will last 2-3 years, has regular acid in it and will let you down when you need it the worse:bang head: Some things are just worth the investment:thumbsup2:. And Squid is spot on with the Yuasa as well(forgot about that one) but it ain't cheap either.

Chris,

Some folks use the Oddessy batteries and have very good luck with them. I have seen a couple that didn't work out so well, but thats few and far between. I ususally stick with the stock replacement which is a Yuasa. I have had good luck with them, but I tend to swap out my battery about every 2 to 3 years. For me it's cheap insurance to not be in Wyoming and have a battery crap out on me.

Squidley,,,,Youre never in WY anyway so you should be ok with the cheap one.......:rotfl:, So if you have a Yuasa battery we had better see you out in Cody in Sept then.......:cool10::cool10:

NO excuses allowed!!

Brian

Squidley,,,,Youre never in WY anyway so you should be ok with the cheap one.......:rotfl:, So if you have a Yuasa battery we had better see you out in Cody in Sept then.......:cool10::cool10:

NO excuses allowed!!

Brian

I beg to differ my friend, in '06 when Lonna and I took our 28 day 10000 mile trip on my 2nd '99 we were in Wyoming. Matter of fact we stayed in Evanston right at the Utah border....but I am planning on coming to the Cody Roundup, you guys are doing a fine job with the planning

:thumbsup2:

I put in the cheapest batteries I can buy. I'm in a high heat environment, hardest on batteries. Just install a $7-8 (any good auto supply) 70amp switch on the negative side of the battery so it disconnects to ground. I get 3 years minimum to 5 years out of all my batteries. Shut off the power as soon as you put bike away.

As stated by several, the Odyssey 680 is a good choice. I had replaced the cables and cleaned and lubed the starter, but I still got the slow start when hot. Sometimes it was at the inopportune time if it had not started. When I got the Odyssey, it made a tremendous difference and now I do not worry about starting when it is hot or I have stalled it for some reason in traffic.

The only thing I have heard negative about the Odyssey is they will not take severe jolting. To try to help this a little, I put a couple pieces of medium soft rubber under the battery.

RandyA

I put in the cheapest batteries I can buy. I'm in a high heat environment, hardest on batteries. Just install a $7-8 (any good auto supply) 70amp switch on the negative side of the battery so it disconnects to ground. I get 3 years minimum to 5 years out of all my batteries. Shut off the power as soon as you put bike away.

Tell us when do you actually have to put the bike away living in El Paso, TX???