IGNORED

Tech. question 2nd Generation

Hi everyone

My 2004 RSV as 70,000 kms and I'm hearing the front end bang when I go over rough roads.I've tried adjusting the air pressure which hasn't helped. The front end isn't loose, no handling problem. I suspect the front fork oil is either gone or low. I haven't seen any leakage anywhere. So I thought I'd try draining and replacing the oil before getting too involved. So I'ved been able to find the the quantity of 0.553 L or 19.5 oz Imp., 18.7 oz us and weight -5W. for each fork tube, "Funny they sell it in 500ml or 1L size" The way of marketing.

My question is the procedure ? I believe it to be a simply job, first remove the cap bolt with the air pressure valve. (both sides) next remove the bottom bolts allowing the oil to drain. Applying up & down pressure to the forks through the handle bars to push out any remaining oil in the forks. Replace the bottom bolts add correct volume of oil to each fork again apply up & down pressure to settle the oil, then replace Cap bolts to 17 ft-Ib torque. Buy following this procedure could I expect any problem I haven't taken into account. Any advise would be appreciated.

Leroy,

You are the MAN.......2004.......70,000 miles and you are from the North Pole......I am impressed. My 04 has 40,000 miles and I thought I was doing a lot of riding. By the way.....04 Midnights are the fastest Venture made!!!!

Mavrick

Leroy,

You are the MAN.......2004.......70,000 miles and you are from the North Pole......I am impressed. My 04 has 40,000 miles and I thought I was doing a lot of riding. By the way.....04 Midnights are the fastest Venture made!!!!

Mavrick

My odometer reads in KMS.so converted to miles it's 43,495.98. your miles converted to KMS equals 64,373.76. I'd say we're both doing serious riding. Keep the shiny side up. I'm thinking it might be time to put my baby away for the winter, it's about 34 F and been snowing off & on all day. It's not staying on the ground but the top of your is white.