IGNORED

WOW..what an Awesome Motorcycle

50btripn

I departed Montgomery, Al, Wednesday morning enroute to my folks place near Buffalo, N.Y. And despite the expected cold weather, I took this trip on my trusted dear friend, my 2007 RSMV. And while I was (admittingly) a bit nervous and wary, because I had never "ventured" this long of a trip on any motorcycle, this trip proved to me that I definitely made the right choice in motorcycles.

1060 miles later, I am sitting in front of a fireplace warming up, with some hot cocoa too. The Venture performed like a dream. She didn't even so much as hiccup on the trip. I had the trunk and saddlebags completely packed tight, with an old Army "rucksack" packed tightly in the rear seat. It was 80 degrees when I left the south Wednesday, and I made it to the Tennessee line in a short sleeve shirt. But soon, I had to start layering up. By the time I reached N.Y., the temp was in the 40's, I switched from a half-helmet to full face, I had 3 pairs of military issue "poly-pro" pants on under my jeans, four pairs of cold weather socks, t-shirt, one under-armor long sleeve, one sweatshirt, a heavy fleece jacket, and then my leather jacket with liner. Oh, forgot the mock-turtle neck and face mask...and the thick gloves. All said, I felt like that kid from the movie "A Christmas Story", Ralphies little brother who "couldn't move his arms", he was bundled up so much. But, I was warm. Add to that some engine heat, and some well-designed wind deflection, and I was a happy camper. My aftermarket Corbin seat was actually more comfortable than I had imagined it would be. My arse is not sore at all. If I have one complaint about the Venture throughout this trip (and it is a minor complaint), the stock speakers suck. I gotta get those changed soon. Just not loud enough. But I did get a chance to finally try out the Show Chrome helmet speakers, when I changed over helmets. They worked pretty good.

Sorry to bore ya'll...now to the moral of my rambling:

The Venture is an awesome bike. I'm glad I bought it!! I'll let you know how the return trip goes (it's supposed to be freezing rain here the day I am scheduled to leave.)

Thanks for the great report. I'm kinda new to riding again, and haven't made any long trips yet, but I hope to soon. I hope when I do get to that it goes as well yours. :sun:

these bikes were made for touring,..thats what they were designed for..dont be afraid to get that beast on the hyway...you will really be surprised how well they handle.. they love being opened up...go for it ..:Venture:

You didn't bore us with your story, it's good to hear that you had a cool trip up north (I personally want to be headed south) Your spot on with your observations the RSV is an awsome long range bike. We went to Memphis TN last weekend for the St. Judes donation and put on almost 1800 miles in 58 hours. Thats extreme but the bike made it possible, wouldn't be many other machines I would try that on

:no-no-no:

I'm in Orleans County, village of Medina. I'm heading back south on Wednesday (hopefully the bad weather will have dissipated by then).

yep ,go thru there all the time...riding buddies are right on rt. 31 in albion.. your about 30 minutes north of me...got to get together before you go back...:cop:

hi...i ride with big tom a lot and was just out today (fri.) with ken bodnar down to pioneer motorsports to have crash bars put on his bike...i have an 07 venture and it was a nice ride and not too cold today actually...i too think it is a great bike and look forward to many trips in the future...best of luck on your ride home...

Hi! I've been known to associate with these other NY riders as well! I'm about an hour south of you right now. Don't know if I can meet up with you, though, as I work a lot. I'm actually off Sunday!! I'm sure Big Tom will keep me updated if anythng comes together...

Well, today is the day...temp is 37 degrees, 60% chance of rain/snow mix, 40mph winds...am I crazy to get on the Venture in this weather? Unfortunately, I have no choice, I have to leave today. Buffalo and the southern tier are supposed to be getting hammered with lake effect snow so I will have to change my route. Instead of traveling my usual route of I-90 through Buffalo/Cleveland, I am going straight south on 390 towards PA to try and avoid the brunt of this snow storm.:snow2: Wish me luck.

Bogobob, Spankym and Big Tom, I apologize I wasn't able to get up with anyone. The weather did not cooperate at all, and this was a short trip, haven't seen my family in 2 years. If I get back up here next summer on the bike, I will definitely look ya'll up.

In for the night, made it to Roanoke, VA. VERY cold ride...had to laugh at the truckers, who were laughing at me...little do they know that I was actually fairly warm, with the exception of my toes and fingers. 580 miles traveled today, and still, not even a hiccup from the Venture. She really does ride like a dream. Well, weather should be MUCH better tomorrow. I actually faired pretty well today, stayed away from Buffalo and avoided all the lake effect snow. I hit one area around Williamsport, PA, where I caught any precipitation, and that was just a slight drizzle. Rest of the way I had partly cloudy skies, but with winds in the 30 mph range. All in all, good ride today.

Oh, and have I mentioned, yet, that I absolutely LOVE this bike??!!

(Phillies just won the World Series)

Hey Gald you did not catch the storms rolling through this area. Been there a few times but now you know why we put them away for the winter. :rotf:I hate being cold on a bike.

Too bad you didn't up a month ago, it was a lot nicer. Maybe we will see you next year.

Brad