IGNORED

Love my VR, but I 'm tired of E-bay sellers

calperin

Really I love to enhance features & keep my bike on good shape.

But really to get parts from responsable sources looks to be impossible.

A year ago I got a wiring cabling from a 1986 VR, toghether with their fairing and structure in order to prepare to migrate it due to the headlight problem on the 83-85s with low visibility.

This year I spent a lot trying to get as original as I can with an original CB radio, rider handle control and another accesories.

Full FIASCO!!! CB doesn't work, CLASS reports E-4, and plastic broken.

Good thing is as Electronic Engineer, I will go through this, but the only idea to re-ensamble everything back, put the OEM CB back not connected yet to the Amplifier, until I can go through this really make me seek, overall when I wast a full weekend putting all the pieces togheter.

I start to believe that cheaper & better should be install a J&M system, and forget everything else. Even trying to get the 6 pin cable wiring was a PITA!!! (pain in the a...)

Thanks a lot to all the supposed salers of tested parts.

Carlos,

I understand your frustration, but there is a point where one has to outweigh the cons and possibly just look for a Royale with all the bells and whistles :confused24:

It's not bad if your just wanting to tinker, buy trying to upgrade a bike that wasn't designed with all the stuff can make you pull your hair out :shock3: I'm sure you'll get it going and come to the point you wanted to....go put some wind in your hair and it will all work out :happy34:

You know, I been thinking about doing the J & M System, myself.

And pulling out All of the Original Stuff.

And pull out all the Air Pump System Also. Don't need it on the front anymore. Set up the Rear like the 2nd gens.

Well, I have an idea about how to fix the CB, and probably modify the wiring to include the 86-93 left handle with the PTT button & the rider controller.

The only reason that stopped to go to J&M is (That is the weakest side of J&M) you need two modules to have all functionallity. The CB module is very complete, but only has a connection for an audio device: MP3, XM Radio, you named then connect it. Now, the other is the radio AM/FM, MP3, etc... (At this step of technology, everything should be on the same box)

However, I spent more in e-bay that the price of the J&M and the module.

Stupid obsession to have everything original way.

I deserve to have the bike painted pink & orange....

:sick::sick::sick::sick::sick::sick: