IGNORED

SC cop doing solo time trials

Bob Myers

I recently had to take my motorcycle riding test again, (don't ask!?!?) and made the mistake of bringing my 87' VR for the test. The DMV Officer got a big laugh when he saw my bike, and told me "most people borrow a dirt bike for this test"! Well I scraped the pegs quite a few times, but never put my feet down, and missed all the cones, and pulled off 3 figure eights in an area the size of 2 parking spaces. I hope I NEVER have to ride like that again!:doh:

Nice riding in the video, That Officer has SKILLS!

Earl and Jean

Well I scraped the pegs quite a few times, but never put my feet down, and missed all the cones, and pulled off 3 figure eights in an area the size of 2 parking spaces. I hope I NEVER have to ride like that again!:doh:

Nice riding in the video, That Officer has SKILLS!

I am glad to hear that you passed your skills test on your normal ride!!!! GREAT JOB!!!!

It is OUTSTANDING that you did not use a dirt bike like the testing official said that other riders use!!!!!! WOOOO HOOOO!!!!

I am saddened to hear that you don't want to repeat it.

If you practice those skills it WILL help you on the highways at speed!!!!!!

I try to practice whenever I can, but getting up to the speed that the Motor Officers do it at is beyond me right now. I need more practice!!!!!!!

Oh, I do all my skills improvement rides on my 2007 RSV, as the foot clutch/tank shift on my pan-head is a bit difficult....but it FORCES me to keep my left foot on the board!!!!!!

Hey Kite,

Thanks for the kind words, It put a smile on my face to blow thru that driving test with an 800 pound motorcycle as old as I am! After it was all over, the DMV instructor actually shook my hand! I too try to keep as "nimble" as I can be on my VR and would love to take a shot at that skills test the motor officer was driving. Perhaps we will have a chance to take a ride together sometime, It would be my pleasure I assure you!

Ride Safe, But Nimble,

Earl

I have done a lot of autocrossing in the past and know how confusing a sea of cones can be, I am amazed that anyone could possibly memorize a course that confusing, especially doubling back on itself like it does!

As for the pairs riding, never seen that before, thanks for posting. We are taught to look where you are wanting to go and the bike will go there in a corner. But did you notice that the inside rider on that pairs course was looking opposite of the turn between the bikes! THAT must really be a mind blower the first time you try that.

the DMV instructor actually shook my hand!

When I took my safety rider course my wife went with me and rode the course with me through all of the obstacles. A couple of the guys couldn't believe it, they were grinning and high fiving us every time we completed a portion of it. One of the guys told us we were his heroes. I told him we nearly always ride together so it was only natural we would do the course together. It made us both feel good to do it together.

When I took my safety rider course my wife went with me and rode the course with me through all of the obstacles. A couple of the guys couldn't believe it, they were grinning and high fiving us every time we completed a portion of it. One of the guys told us we were his heroes. I told him we nearly always ride together so it was only natural we would do the course together. It made us both feel good to do it together.

CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!!!!!!

:cool10::clap2::You_Rock_Emoticon:

I am speechless!!!!!!