IGNORED

Fouling right rear Spark plug?

MisADVenture HELP!!

My Dads Venture is fouling the plug on the right rear cylinder.. Were thinking it could be a carberation problem or a valve way out of adjustment.. its getting spark.. any Ideas?

Also he is asking me to look for info on a Vmax motor swap.. PM me links if you can help!!

Will entertain offers on the bike if anyone is interested, with so many mods and hours in this bike its a shame to let it sit for long..

Thanks!, Riceburner (aka David)

I know I dont post here much.. (its my Dads Venture)

I hang out on Blokes Sportbike Forums (riceburner)

Are You Kidding???:crackup:

My dad wont go near a Computer..

OK, then what type of scoot are you talking about that's been mod'd so much?? Any pics. You may have posted the info in the past, but it would save a lot of time trying to search back thru your previous posts to find any info, if indeed its there.

PS, don't blame your dad a bit.... :)

MisADVenture HELP!!

My Dads Venture is fouling the plug on the right rear cylinder.. Were thinking it could be a carberation problem or a valve way out of adjustment.. its getting spark.. any Ideas?

Try hotter plugs DPR7EA9, that solved it with my 83, it was fouling on the same cylinder.

Bad Plug.

Bad Carb Diaphram ( maby holes in it ) .

Misadjusted, idle mixture needle valve .

Problem with Plug wire, ( remove from Cap, and Coil, nip of 1/4 inch of wire, re-install )

Maby a bad Plug cap. Measure the resistance of all 4 of them.

Maby defective Ignition Coil.

Maby problem with the Ignition Pick up coil. ( ie. bad fireing signal to TCI ) ( find plug between pick up coils, and TCI, open plug, clean contacts. check for loose wires )

Dirt in Carburator, Maby. Run 1/2 Can of SEA-FOAM, fuel system conditioner thru 2 tanks of fuel.

Maby the Carb Linkage assembly need the be Syncronized.

A few possibilities---

Bad Plug.

Bad Carb Diaphram ( maby holes in it ) .

Misadjusted, idle mixture needle valve .

Problem with Plug wire, ( remove from Cap, and Coil, nip of 1/4 inch of wire, re-install )

Maby a bad Plug cap. Measure the resistance of all 4 of them.

Maby defective Ignition Coil.

Maby problem with the Ignition Pick up coil. ( ie. bad fireing signal to TCI ) ( find plug between pick up coils, and TCI, open plug, clean contacts. check for loose wires )

Dirt in Carburator, Maby. Run 1/2 Can of SEA-FOAM, fuel system conditioner thru 2 tanks of fuel.

Maby the Carb Linkage assembly need the be Syncronized.

A few possibilities---

Nailed the most common causes though!!

• 3 weeks later...