IGNORED

R/K Slip-on`s

Kregerdoodle

ok, need some help here.. I installed my R/K`s last Sat. and took them back off in about 10 min.... hated the way they fit.. sounded good but looked like some rigged %$#@... I have the Kury. clamps and they still did not cover the pipe where the RK`s meet up. Looks like some of the pipe on the mufflers needs to be cut off.. any one have any Ideas, I have seen them on others and they looked good, I thought about useing the cone from the stock, but didn`t want to end up with 2 sets that I can`t use..

Kreg

Kbay,

Dont know what to tell you with out looking at it (photos) to really see what problems your actually having and why... You should not have to cut any pipe length off the exhaust or mufflers to install them...

I took the cones off my stock mufflers and pop rivited them, (in 3 pls) onto the HD/RK mufflers..The chrome cones cover the clamp area completely..

I also reused the stock clamps.

You may have to grind some of the weld on the header pipe flush to get the muffler to slide on all the way or cut a small notch in the muffler pipe to clear the raised weld.-Jack

Kreg, I had to do likewise on the left side pipe. Drop by on your way home one day and we'll check mine out.

Ponch

Get yourself a set of VTwin 31-9920 chrome clamps. They have the width to cover the exposed area. I can e-mail you a couple photos of mine if you want to see what they look like with the VTwin clamps. PM me if you would like photos

ok, need some help here.. I installed my R/K`s last Sat. and took them back off in about 10 min.... hated the way they fit.. sounded good but looked like some rigged %$#@... I have the Kury. clamps and they still did not cover the pipe where the RK`s meet up. Looks like some of the pipe on the mufflers needs to be cut off.. any one have any Ideas, I have seen them on others and they looked good, I thought about useing the cone from the stock, but didn`t want to end up with 2 sets that I can`t use..

Kreg

This should solve your clamp problems....

http://www.chopperscycle.com/page/VTS/PROD/42-264/24032

I have them on mine and they look great. Just a tip: prior to assembly I coat the pipe and the inside of the muffler with some anti-seize compound, not a lot, just a schmere. It makes it slip on easier and removal is easier too. I also push it on as far as it goes then, protecting the back of the muffler with a wood block, I give it a few "love taps" with a dead blow hammer to seat it all the way.