IGNORED

Mixing tire brands...

Last year I put an Elite III on the rear onf my '86 and I now need to replace my front tire. It seems that the E3's for the front are not being made yet and I can't seem to find the K491 avaiable, they are all backordered. Dunlop said that more E2's won't be ready until mid July.

Has anyone tried using an E3 on the back and the Avon Venom AM41 on the front? Are there any handling or vibrations from mixing these tires?

:confused24:

Thanks

Mike

Thanks for the feedback.

I looked on the net for Venom X tires and am mainly finding just Venom tires, even the Avon website does not seem to list a VenomX. Is the AM41 Venom the same tire as the AM41 VenomX?

Mike.

I am surprised I have not seen more on the Cruisemax on this discussion. I see a lot of Avon and Venom posts but no one has really talked about the Cruisemax in any detail. I have ridden with both matched and unmatched sets of tires and the Cruisemax is the best choice for either situation. This is one of the best tires I have ever ridden on. I have a first gen and I have tried V rated (K90) and H rated. If you drive in town the V rated will last about 6 months! But the Cruisemax is H rated and I have kept a set on with heavy, daily in town driving for over two years. They are great at high speeds and terrific at cornering. They are made for heavy loads and high performance one of the few tires made specifically for a touring bike. Granted I have not tried the Venom but from what I see here there are mixed feelings about the tire. NO mixed feelings about the Cruisemax.

When I got my bike in 2005, it had Bridgestone Spitfires front and rear. The rear had a plug in it, and started to loose air, so I replaced it with a Dunlop K491 Elite 2 in the back.

The bike rides just fine. No complaints about the mismatched set. The Dunlop Elite 2s wear like iron, and have plenty of cornering grip for me. They have a higher load rating than the stock tires had, so I can carry a bit more load.

I'd stay away from the higher performance rated tires, unless you REALLY are constantly scraping pegs, and need SPORT tires.