IGNORED

I need a radio that'll fit in my pocket

eazyduzzit

This may sound stupid, but I'll try my best to keep from it.

When I had my V-Star I had a small radio that I carried in my jacket pocket on Saturday mornings to listen to NPR. I am addicted to the Saturday morning NPR shows, and Saturday morning is when I do a lot of my riding.

Anyway, I must have left it in the windshield pouch when I sold the V-Star, because I can't find it. I thought "no biggie" I'll go to Radio Shack and get another (I bought the old one at a garage sale) well all I can find are Ipods. Ipods are fine for music, but that's not what I used it for. I also used the radio while working in the yard.

I guess I should clarify the fact that I have an RSTD. The bike that's kinda like a Venture except without a radio :).

Anyone know where I can find one?

Amazon,com has a few models..........

[ame=http://www.amazon.com/Sony-ICF-S10MK2-Pocket-Radio-Silver/dp/B00020S7XK/ref=pd_bbs_sr_1?ie=UTF8&s=electronics&qid=1222452288&sr=8-1][/ame][ame=http://www.amazon.com/Sony-ICF-S10MK2-Pocket-Radio-Silver/dp/B00020S7XK/ref=pd_bbs_sr_1?ie=UTF8&s=electronics&qid=1222452288&sr=8-1]Amazon.com: Sony ICF-S10MK2 Pocket AM/FM Radio, Silver: Electronics[/ame]

Get a Sansa Clip from Sandisk. It is a 4Gb MP3 with FM radio that is about the size of a matchbook and will clip to the collar of your jacket.

When I'm not riding my First Gen, I commute with my Honda Silver Wing.

I listen to NPR and news in the morning and music on the way home.

It never needs a battery; it plugs into the USB port on your computer and charges the internal battery overnight.

Here's a link: http://go.shopsansa.com/content.aspx?id=clip&refid=c2_clip3&gclid=CPiPmO2p-pUCFQNbxwodaCZHFg

I picked up my 4Gb at Costco for only $59.

It's a great product.

By the way: You can also use a cassette adapter (since we all seem to have these throwbacks) and play through the 1st or 2nd Gen audio system as well.

Murph'

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

When I had my V-Star I had a small radio that I carried in my jacket pocket on Saturday mornings to listen to NPR. I am addicted to the Saturday morning NPR shows, and Saturday morning is when I do a lot of my riding.

Anyway, I must have left it in the windshield pouch when I sold the V-Star, because I can't find it. I thought "no biggie" I'll go to Radio Shack and get another (I bought the old one at a garage sale) well all I can find are Ipods. Ipods are fine for music, but that's not what I used it for. I also used the radio while working in the yard.

I guess I should clarify the fact that I have an RSTD. The bike that's kinda like a Venture except without a radio :).

I use a Microsoft Zune... and I can load up my CD (234 of them) and take them along as well.

In our Company store they used to sell one that was very small with a built in Clip. I'm off on Friday's but I will check Monday and if they still have them I'll get one and send it to you. Wasn't very much as I remember, as most items are highly discounted for employees.

Jay

• 1 month later...