IGNORED

How to install new battery cables?

That seems like an awful lot of work. When I watched BuddyRich do HDHTR's 91 he just snaked the cables up thru the fairing using the old cables to pull the new ones thru.???

It is a lot of work, but I have tried to just snake them through, 1 made it, the other didn't and I still had to tear it apart. I also recommended that when you do this that if you haven't done the spark plug wires on the bike that this is the time

:thumbsup2:

You can try it without all the removal, but just be prepared if it doesn't work out. Make sure that ALL the contact points where you are connecting the cables to are perfectly clean. Ventures are very fussy with electrical, and I have seen lots of problems from just a little corrosion on the right connections.

You should be able to do the job without removing the fairings. I didn't have too much trouble installing mine on my 90. It helps if you have someone helping you. Replacing the spark plug wires at the same time is a good idea too. I did both on mine at the same time and it runs great.