IGNORED

RSTD vs RSV comfort

keithert

I had a 99 Venture from 99 to 2003. It was by far the most comfortable bike for putting the miles on of any I have owned. I currently have an 01 Kaw Vulcan 1500. It's nice for shorter rides but doesn't fit me as well as the RSV did. I traded the RSV in 2003 because I got tired of always having a fairing in front of me. Of course then they had to go and come out with the new tour deluxe shortly after that! I am looking into the RSTD in the future, but I wonder if it would be as comfortable as the Venture. Part of what I liked about the Venture was it's seat. The RSTD uses a different seat. I know the seat could probably be swapped fairly easiliy. Is there any other difference in suspension or seating position between the bikes?

I had a 99 Venture from 99 to 2003. It was by far the most comfortable bike for putting the miles on of any I have owned. I currently have an 01 Kaw Vulcan 1500. It's nice for shorter rides but doesn't fit me as well as the RSV did. I traded the RSV in 2003 because I got tired of always having a fairing in front of me. Of course then they had to go and come out with the new tour deluxe shortly after that! I am looking into the RSTD in the future, but I wonder if it would be as comfortable as the Venture. Part of what I liked about the Venture was it's seat. The RSTD uses a different seat. I know the seat could probably be swapped fairly easiliy. Is there any other difference in suspension or seating position between the bikes?

I have owend both and the only thing's I noticed was with the RSTD the handle bars were a bit wider and it didn't feel as top heavy. Over all I loved the bike for the comfort, power, and handleing. It's a great bike! The rear seat is not as comortable as the RSV but thats not a driver issue.

I believe it is mainly in the handlebars. The rstd was quite a bit wider and i always seemed to get sore in the shoulders after a short time. I did change for the flanders pullback bars and it made a big difference but it still wasnt as comfortable as my venture. The bike always seemed bigger than the venture, i know they are the same size but it was the width of the bars that gave me that illusion i suspect. The Venture seems just easier to handle in tight places. The seat is a big difference on the venture too. I did put a corbin on the rstd with backrest but I still couldnt sit through a tank of gas very well. On the venture my wife and i do it all the time. Also since we do a lot of long distance travels its nice to have the trunk. Oh and did i mention the faring, Cb, music, ect ect ect? Been in some pretty cold places and the full faring was sweet!

We put about 22k on the rstd and now have done 30k on my first 07 venture and 8k on my second. The rstd is a good looker but ill keep with the ventures from here on out.

Just my opinion.

• 3 weeks later...

I have sat on my friend's TD, but did not really notice the placement of the handlebars compared to my Venture. Just looking at the seat of the Venture, if feels comfortable and I can ride for many hours without getting sore. :crackup:

If you plan to get the TD, I highly recommend upgrading to a Venture seat.