IGNORED

ebay collusion?????

bikerjohn51

is it just me or....... do items that you are interested in skyrocket in price, to an unreasonable place??? and when you set a limit for a part, you always lose it.......AND LO-AND-BEHOLD......the EXACT item re-appears on ebay, with the same scratch, same tablecoth back drop.... time and time again??? I think the used parts dealers have their employees bid up the prices under fakes aliases and hold US ransom for the parts, then "pad" their stats with......fast service

COLLUSION I think so...... its big business..... and we are the losers.........if only ALL the venture owners would agree on what is reasonable to pay for every part on a bike, and no-one bid higher than that....... sooner,than later the prices would plummit.

THERE I FEEL BETTER JOHN:draming:

is it just me or....... do items that you are interested in skyrocket in price, to an unreasonable place??? and when you set a limit for a part, you always lose it.......AND LO-AND-BEHOLD......the EXACT item re-appears on ebay, with the same scratch, same tablecoth back drop.... time and time again??? I think the used parts dealers have their employees bid up the prices under fakes aliases and hold US ransom for the parts, then "pad" their stats with......fast service

COLLUSION I think so...... its big business..... and we are the losers.........if only ALL the venture owners would agree on what is reasonable to pay for every part on a bike, and no-one bid higher than that....... sooner,than later the prices would plummit.

Well,,, I have seen some things go on in ebay that I wondered about, but, there has also been transactions like the one I completed today for transmission parts for my 1st gen that went without another bid. I think overall ebay is a good thing but it has potential for people to play with the rules so if you see something suspicious, I think the thing to do is to tell Ebay about it so they can track it down.

Brian:mo money:

Maybe some dealers will do this, until caught..........

I was going to do a buy it now last week, but the seller closed it early (after I inquired about shipping $$). He had re-listed as a straight auction & I won it today at a fifth of the previous buy it now price (only bidder). He would have made more, if he didn't make the change, but his loss is my gain............

I was going to do a buy it now last week, but the seller closed it early (after I inquired about shipping $$). He had re-listed as a straight auction & I won it today at a fifth of the previous buy it now price (only bidder). He would have made more, if he didn't make the change, but his loss is my gain............

Good for you Paul! that will pay for another gallon or 2 of fuel for your deerhunter. you buying more bike parts? youre getting as bad as Condor ya know....good thing you dont have a garage..or between the 2 of ya no one would get any parts for a 1st gen...:rotfl:

The trans I bought today was less than 1/2 the cost of the one output gear and shaft alone from flatout. I am hoping it looks as good in person as it did in the pics.

Brian:cool10::cool10:

I kind of have an unwritten rule, "not to pay more than 40% of retail" Just a guide line I really. I only get a small percentage but it don't hurt like getting hosed by some of the people on ebay.

Good for you Paul! that will pay for another gallon or 2 of fuel for your deerhunter. you buying more bike parts? youre getting as bad as Condor ya know....good thing you dont have a garage..or between the 2 of ya no one would get any parts for a 1st gen...:rotfl:

The trans I bought today was less than 1/2 the cost of the one output gear and shaft alone from flatout. I am hoping it looks as good in person as it did in the pics.

Brian:cool10::cool10:

Try 2 tanks of gas for the scoot, saved......... My left saddle bag has always been a leaker, so I went after another one. So instead of paying $50. USD + shipping, I got it for $10. + $30. USD in shipping.........

:thumbsup2::thumbsup2::thumbsup2:

Try 2 tanks of gas for the scoot, saved......... My left saddle bag has always been a leaker, so I went after another one. So instead of paying $50. USD + shipping, I got it for $10. + $30. USD in shipping.........

:thumbsup2::thumbsup2::thumbsup2:

Glad ya saved so much....Didja find the right blonde/gold colour?

Brian

guess I was just frustrated for needing one piece to restore the bike to its full glory again...... just seems odd that the SAME part from the same supplier keeps showing up:8:

What piece are ya looking for John? maybe one of us has a spare we could help you out with?

Brian

I've wondered the same thing, when some of the last minute snipers pumped up the price past my limit. No proof, just doubts.

Had Rocket's experience once; a prior deal fell through 'cause the vendor wouldn't accept payments from international buyers (Canada?) so I put in a limited bid for the buyer, and got it- for about 60% of the original BIN price. I paid, was repaid and it shipped without a hitch.

Lots of good sellers on eBay. I've had a few deals I wasn't 100% satisfied, but I wrote it off as not asking the right questions. Most sales have been as advertised. I stopped buying from sellers where the shipping was 10x the sales price, and I'm a lot happier since.

Lots of good sellers on eBay. I've had a few deals I wasn't 100% satisfied, but I wrote it off as not asking the right questions. Most sales have been as advertised. I stopped buying from sellers where the shipping was 10x the sales price, and I'm a lot happier since.

I agree. I don't bid on those auctions with a .99 opening bid, and the shipping is $40 bucks, where the shipping shouldn't run anymore than $10..... It's a sellers way too screw Ebay out of end user fees, and he's also screwing the bidder. The only guy that doesn't do that, and I have to take my hat off to is Hess4less2007. .99 cent openings with very reasonable shipping fees. I don't bid on his auctions for other reasons, but he's honest up front. And I don't think he's into having ghost bids made by imployees??? The high prices that he gets are because he has good quality stuff. That's another thing that ticks me off. The guy that puts up a rusted, busted, non-working item instead of tossing it into the dumpster. Or the guy that dismantles every item down to the individual parts and expects to get something for it when with shipping you could buy it new for less at a dealer. All in all though, I like Ebay, and have gotten some great buys. A garage full... :) Bidders just need to be prudent on what they're doing. Caveat Emptor. And just remember, there'll always be another one later if the bidding on the current one goes crazy.....

I am talking to a guy with a parts bike..... does the one from an 84 fit on the 88"s? JOHN

I could be wrong, but I don't think so. The 86+'s are attached by a footman loop on the top and a strap on the bag, and I think?? the MkI's are all snaps. But then wadda I know....? :backinmyday:

I could be wrong, but I don't think so. The 86+'s are attached by a footman loop on the top and a strap on the bag, and I think?? the MkI's are all snaps. But then wadda I know....? :backinmyday:

Not entirely positive but I think the vent is the same on all 1st gens, there was some differences on how the bags attched above the vents but i dont recall seeing any differences on SilvrT mark2 vents compared to my 85's vents while we were at VWIV.

Brian

FYI my junk bags in the front of my 85 have the loops, the back 2 have the snaps.

The rectangular vent by your knee? Same piece. I have a couple if your deal doesn't work out.

been looking for the vent on mid cowell, just below leather pouch at the right side as you sit on the bike....... the same one that blew off on my way to Kitchener rally......I am talking to a guy with a parts bike..... does the one from an 84 fit on the 88"s? JOHN

Yeah, I've been sniped a few times in my history with ebay, but as a whole I have been delighted with my purchases from long-time sellers. I kinda quit bidding and try to stick with buy it now items.

My advice is the same for a bidding item ,as it is for buying a fake antique....if you like it, it makes you happy, then you do what your conscience allows and don't complain. This ain't no dress rehearsal...if not now, when?

Brandy