IGNORED

09 RSV next to my 86 VR ??????

BuckShot

My friend just called and said his radio just guit on his 08 RSV. I have read what seems like alot of other issue's with the 2nd gen. bikes. Whats up with the 2nd gen. bikes? The 1st gen bikes never had this many problems and if there were any everyone knew about it and it was taken care of by the dealers and Yamaha. No questions. I was thinking of putting an 09 RSV beside my Rich looking Black and Gold 86 VR, but now I'm wondering if I should. Lets hear some input to help me make up my mind. I've seen alot of good natured joking going on between 1st and 2nd gens, but I have to say here, My first gen has alot going for it even if it is over the hill . ( Like Me ):cool10::dancefool:

My friend just called and said his radio just guit on his 08 RSV. I have read what seems like alot of other issue's with the 2nd gen. bikes. Whats up with the 2nd gen. bikes? The 1st gen bikes never had this many problems and if there were any everyone knew about it and it was taken care of by the dealers and Yamaha. No questions. I was thinking of putting an 09 RSV beside my Rich looking Black and Gold 86 VR, but now I'm wondering if I should. Lets hear some input to help me make up my mind. I've seen alot of good natured joking going on between 1st and 2nd gens, but I have to say here, My first gen has alot going for it even if it is over the hill . ( Like Me ):cool10::dancefool:
Come on folks, HOw about some of you that have owned 1st gens and now own 2nd gens. Tell me the difference and which you like better. Read in here the other day that someones bike was in the shop for 4 weeks for the radio and now the rear shock may be leaking. Others have said they had to have rear shock replaced. Does Yamaha back their warenty or do you have to ague with them, or is it some questionable dealers.

The 1st gen has many quirks just like the G2's, warranty work is only as good as the dealer you take it to. The CLASS system on the royals is 1 trouble spot, weak frames on the 1200's, frame flexing with the soft motor mounts, 2nd gear problems on the 1200's. There are many small minuses on both of the bikes, it's all in how you choose to look at it

:confused24:

And I have owned 3 of each generation

The 1st gen has many quirks just like the G2's, warranty work is only as good as the dealer you take it to. The CLASS system on the royals is 1 trouble spot, weak frames on the 1200's, frame flexing with the soft motor mounts, 2nd gear problems on the 1200's. There are many small minuses on both of the bikes, it's all in how you choose to look at it

:confused24:

And I have owned 3 of each generation

Thanks Squidley---Knew all about 1st gens. We have one dealer here that you could not pay me enough to go to. Two others both 1 hr away in opposite directions that I would highly recommend. I quess people telling about there problems with the 2nd gen and their dealer makes them feel better. At least we get know about any potential problems. I love my 86 vr and will keep it, but a new bike in the barn would be nice. I like the rsv's and harley's. (hate latters price)