IGNORED

Tie downs?

Jethro

Well here I am getting ready to go to Eureka Springs and I've got my reservations and am ready to get on the road. We got 3 1/2" rain last night and it looks like more today. With hurricane Ike coming in and not knowing what the weather will be when we come back this weekend I'm gonna have to trailer up. (Is that a good enough excuse?) Anyway, to my question. I haven't trailered before and am having a hard time finding where to put the tie down straps. Do you just go across the tree? Any help will be appreciated. Jerry:doh:

Gee Goose, This is the first time ever on a trailer. It won't be a habit but since we don't know what Ike is gonna do, and I don't have any flex time, I don't really have a choice. It's the wife's fault. (Don't tell her I said that.)

That gives me a pretty good Idea. Are the straps hooked to the handle bars or going over the tree? Oh well I think I got her pretty secure. Thanks

Hook the straps to the trees, more solid. When I trailer a bike I use 6, yeah 6 ratcheting tiedowns. 2 in the front forks, 2 holding the back of the bike and 2 at the center. I had a bike fall 1 time....never again

:no-no-no:

I used 4 straps when I went to get my Venture; 2 on the soft ties around the forks and 2 on the protectors at the front of the bags. About 30 miles into the trip home, one of the front ones came loose. Although it was a bit bouncy the two at the back held it straight with no problem. I wouldn't haul it with ONLY the rear but it sure saved me that time! I'll always use 4 from now on.