IGNORED

Anyone have "little known secrets" about 2nd Gen

VentureFar

Is some gear "whine" normal? varies with throttle, especially at slower speeds?

Found the power outlet, thanks for that. Dual USB port installed in it although I may put in a 3 amp hard wire USB, the phone sucks serious juice when it's doing GPS routing. Anyone "double deck" a phone mount above the audio controls? Not quite ready to yank the radio stuff out though I did on my last bike.

• Replies 153
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yepper, that is normal, and it varies bike to bike, they say mine is really bad, more annoying than anything. There is a different clutch basket you can try, or can go the route one member did by plumbing an oil line to flood the gear that is the culprit!

Is some gear "whine" normal? varies with throttle, especially at slower speeds?

Most people say to "learn to live with it"............"suck it up"........etc.

I thought that was all BS in my early ownership days.................but now I find either I've mellowed, or the bike has settled in to MY rhythm. Not sure which is the case....but we seem to "get along" much better now. The sound doesn't drive me crazy, and/or she doesn't seem to be making quite so MUCH of it! :-)

• 4 weeks later...

Oddity; If the back up fuse in lower left fuse panel is blown the trip meters rest to 0.0 when you shut off the main switch.

Got a little too aggressive with the wire cutters when everything audio related came off the bike. The back up circuit keeps +12 fed to a bunch of components even when the ignition is off.